• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best left handed batsman of all time

Best left handed batsman

• Total voters

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I started picking an XI but outside of Cook my options for picking openers were too unpleasant

Might just make Chanders do it

A Cook
S Chanderpaul
K Sangakkara
B Lara
A Border
G Sobers
A Gilchrist
W Akram
A Davidson
H Verity
W Johnston
What's so unpleasant about Arthur Morris and Bill Lawry? Harvey probably better than Chanders too if you don't mind a middle order bat.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I started picking an XI but outside of Cook my options for picking openers were too unpleasant

Might just make Chanders do it

A Cook
S Chanderpaul
K Sangakkara
B Lara
A Border
G Sobers
A Gilchrist
W Akram
A Davidson
H Verity
W Johnston
mark taylor? gary kirsten? saeed anwar?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Graeme Smith
Saeed Anwar
Brian Lara
Kumar Sangakkara
Andy Flower
Michael Hussey
Adam Gilchrist
Daniel Vettori
Wasim Akram
Mitchell Johnson
Chaminda Vaas

Best of the ones I have seen play.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well dont quote people trying to be a smartarse then. And that's what you were doing.
No, you're just chronically oversensitive and think everything is a slight against you

Sometimes people just state facts because they feel like it

I wasn't saying you were doing anything wrong, just stating a fact I find it annoying. I even specifically stated that there wasn't anything inherently wrong with it and that I'm overreacting:

This is genuinely getting annoying now how often this is being brought up. I honestly think this is the 3rd or 4th time someone here has made this point in the last few weeks here as if it's some great revelation.

I don't know why it annoys me so much it just does
So just settle down, there's no need to create conflict here

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Lara for me. Across his career, he has held all the big test records: fastest to 10,000 runs, 400, 375, 500, and even most runs in a test over.

Also ICC's top ODI player for much of the mid 90s.

What dragged Lara down was his love for the ladies, his eye disease and the extra juice bowlers saved up when bowling to him. Bowlers came at Lara hard.