• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Neil Harvey........

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Agreed - Asoka de Silva goes all over the world at the moment! ;)
Good point! However, Asoka De Silva is just one extraordinarily crappy umpire, doesn't make any sense damning all other Sri Lankan umpires(or even subcontinental umpires) because of him, does it? I know I am repeating myself, but the point is that good and crappy umpires exist in all countries.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Oh I know that, Ian Robson of Zimbabwe was shocking. I mean poor, by some poor decisions. I certainly dont think they biased, not at all.
Ok. In that case, the decisions would have affected both sides to some extent.

Judging by your name, do you come from India or have a Indian background?
Yep, I'm an Indian, currently working in the US.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
anilramavarma said:
Good point! However, Asoka De Silva is just one extraordinarily crappy umpire, doesn't make any sense damning all other Sri Lankan umpires(or even subcontinental umpires) because of him, does it? I know I am repeating myself, but the point is that good and crappy umpires exist in all countries.
Anil, I was trying to lighten the mood with a joke!

With the ICC panel all umpires should be fair now shouldn't they Mr Hair?

Bazza

International 12th Man
My take on this is originally Craig was pointing out that back in the day (well before the elite panel, although not entirely in the olden days) India and maybe the subcontinent in general were PARTICULARLY noted, though not exclusive, in having biased umpires.

Now, although there are still poor umpires, there should never be biased umpiring, as both umpires are always neutral, so unless there is some sort of corruption (which hopefullly there wouldn't be), then biased umpiring should be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, A-shocker is here to stay. :(