• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Select the skipper: Best of 00s

Who will lead the team of the decade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
Here are the captaincy records of the seven cricketers from the team of the decade who have had the honor of leading their national teams in test cricket. In my opinion, this is one of the most interesting polls of the series because there is no clear cut favorite in the options. Please select one of them to lead this dream team.

Code:
RT Ponting  	64  	40  	11  	0  	12  	3.63
BC Lara  	29  	4  	16  	0  	9  	0.25
SM Pollock  	26  	14  	5  	0  	7  	2.80
R Dravid  	25  	8  	6  	0  	11  	1.33  	
AC Gilchrist  	6  	4  	1  	0  	1  	4.00  	
V Sehwag  	2  	1  	0  	0  	1	-
JH Kallis  	2  	1  	1  	0  	0  	1.00
The team:

Matthew Hayden
Virender Sehwag
Ricky Ponting
Brian Lara
Rahul Dravid
Jacques Kallis
Adam Gilchrist +
Shaun Pollock
Shane Warne
Mutthiah Muralitharan
Glenn Mcgrath

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
Ponting, he's not a great skipper but decent enough to handle this team. Not willing to bet on Warne who never captained a test match.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What a sad bunch of captains. Went for Pollock, I can't really justify why.

Couldn't select Ponting because of his captaincy record in England.

Hit_Wicket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ponting, he's not a great skipper but decent enough to handle this team.
Agree with the above.

Ponting enjoyed a very fruitful period as captain of a great side after Waugh's retirement.

Though he isn't a brilliant tactician, the strength of the team should aid his leadership.

Warne would be a roughie as he seems to have a good cricket brain.

Unfortunately he doesn't have experience as a test match captain.

Must say though that the list of choices are quite average.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Gilly and Smith won the two most difficult tours this decade since Smith is not here so will go for Gilly.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ponting, he's not a great skipper but decent enough to handle this team. Not willing to bet on Warne who never captained a test match.
We are selecting the best team so the skipper should also be the best by your logic even Murali could be choosen as the skipper since anybody can manage a bunch of greats.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Honestly, could do a lot worse than going Gilchrist. Won a series in India, and the test where Butcher won England the dead rubber shows he wasn't averse to taking a few risks himself.

bagapath

International Captain
What a sad bunch of captains. Went for Pollock, I can't really justify why.

Couldn't select Ponting because of his captaincy record in England.
dravid is the only one on the list to have won a series in england. gilly is the only one who has won in india. and ponting alone has won in SA. i am not sure of my choice yet.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Average list. Ponting had a bull**** good captaincy ranking when Australia were clearly the best side though, so probably him.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Fleming.

Oh, he's not in the team?

Will have to be Warne then.

Oh, have I done it again?

Jeez, I suppose this so called "Best Team of 00's" is a bit........

silly?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha but you don't only offer people the poll options you think are correct! Besides, not being good enough had nothing to do with it and you know it.