• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Select the skipper: Best of 00s

Who will lead the team of the decade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this is the only time I will ever see a captaincy poll on CW where Ponting wins

bagapath

International Captain
Haha but you don't only offer people the poll options you think are correct! Besides, not being good enough had nothing to do with it and you know it.
yeah. true. but i didnt want to twist the rules to include his name in the poll. wanted to keep it with only those who have led in tests. it probably makes it more difficult as we dont have a clear cut winner here.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would have voted for Warne, but within the criteria BP has laid out, Ponting. Is underrated as a captain IMO, and with this team his weak points as a skipper would not be exposed.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah. true. but i didnt want to twist the rules to include his name in the poll. wanted to keep it with only those who have led in tests. it probably makes it more difficult as we dont have a clear cut winner here.
I think it's quite easily Ponting, given the options. I'm not exactly the world's biggest fan of his captaincy, but successfully leading a ****ing good cricket team is kinda what we're looking for and Ponting's got plenty of experience there.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Tugger Waugh as 12th man, he can captain from the boundary.
Has the numbers 2825@53 11 hundreds in 44 tests.
Problem solved.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Gilly and Smith won the two most difficult tours this decade since Smith is not here so will go for Gilly.
Ponting in SRI 04?. Plus IND 04 would have been Ponting as well if he wasn't injured, he was very much part of planning before that series. Gilchrist just ran with the blueprint.

We are selecting the best team so the skipper should also be the best by your logic even Murali could be choosen as the skipper since anybody can manage a bunch of greats.
Haa come on man. Yea Ponting isn't the greatest tactician etc, but he aint no fool & certanly isn't inept to level that you can say Murali could do as good as job skippering a side full of greats. Criminally underating Ponting's ability as a skipper here.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Wonder who the captain would be if you had Ponting V Warne poll.
Warne
- Warne captained Australia to 2 WC's undefeated.
- Fairly Successful Test captain since 2004.
- Good individual stats since assuming captaincy

- Wasn't banned for drug usuage
- Unlike Tiger Woods is faithful to his wife.
Wait Wut...this isn't alternate reality Earth
lol at Warne being a great test captain.What next? Stuart Law or Nasser Hussain better than Hayden.