Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Best (potential) Current Bowling Attack? 3 VOTES!!!

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

29 50.00%
  • Bangladesh

1 1.72%
  • England

7 12.07%
  • India

5 8.62%
  • New Zealand

4 6.90%
  • Pakistan

29 50.00%
  • South Africa

34 58.62%
  • Sri Lanka

2 3.45%
  • West Indies

6 10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Bowling Attack - Tests

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Tough. Not too many attacks I truly rate as top quality at the moment, really. Pakistan don't have a fifth bowler and Aamer hasn't actually done anything yet, while South Africa are having problems finding their second and third seamers. I'm actually really tempted to be controversial and pick England in my three.. I certainly would have done so before Flintoff retired but it does look a little bit thin without him.

In short, I have absolutely no idea as it stands so I'll hold off on my vote.
    Aamir is going through what many young bowlers seems to have a problem these days.Bowl weell but can't get wickets. I am quite certian he's on for a long haul provided he does not get injured.

Between India and SA. India win on spin and are probably more consistent quality wise but SA have the Steyn factor and Kallis fifth bowling. Would go SA, though if Steyn gets injured they come crashing right back down to earth.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Aamir is going through what many young bowlers seems to have a problem these days.Bowl weell but can't get wickets. I am quite certian he's on for a long haul provided he does not get injured.
    That's all well and good and I tend to agree but I find it incredibly hard to rate him as anything more than a good prospect until he actually starts taking regular wickets. Same goes for Roach. I've seen too many young bowlers look like they're going to take a stack of wickets and not do so to fall into that.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Code:
    Pixie Caramels won by an Innings and 258 runs.

State Vice-Captain
    Based on their track record, I would say South Africa (Steyn, Ntini, Morkel, Harris, Kallis). The fact is that the attack is more than the sum of its parts. Kallis is a viable fifth bowling option that both Australia and Pakistan lack. Steyn is the best fast bowler in the world and Ntini is the most experienced. You can doubt the form of the bowlers individually but as a whole they manage to support Steyn well and consistently take 20 wickets, even in India and Pakistan.

Next is either Australia or Pakistan. Hilfy, Johnson and Siddle are all wickettakers but only sporadically and Hauritz isnt any sort of major threat. They are also unproven on the subcontinent. In form, the pacers are destructive but need to establish some sort of consistency before making any big claims.

Pakistan with Aamer, Asif and Gul have potentially the best pace attack and Kaneria is a better wickettaker than both Harris and Haurtiz. Asif is right up there with Steyn but Aamer is still raw and will need some time to develop. Gul is a fine thrid seamer but hasnt quite hit his stride in test cricket. What keeps them back is that they only played one series together so far so are still unproven.

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Still Ajmal and Kaneria will walk in to any non-subcontinental side.
    Kaneria wouldn't get in the South African or England sides. Always outperformed by the opposition spinners (Monty, Harris).

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    That's all well and good and I tend to agree but I find it incredibly hard to rate him as anything more than a good prospect until he actually starts taking regular wickets. Same goes for Roach. I've seen too many young bowlers look like they're going to take a stack of wickets and not do so to fall into that.
    That fair I guess.

Pasag,

India is no more as reliant on its spinners since Kumble has retired.

State Vice-Captain
    Aus and SAF are good. But put them on a turner, and that attack is docile. Pakistan potentially has the best all ound bowling attack. With Aamer, Asif, Gul, Rana, Ajmal, Kaneria and Afridi to pick from. That attack can prosper on any surface. So my vote is on Pakistan.
    Rana isn't close to the test side and Afridi has quit test cricket. If Afridi was playing Pakistan would be good contenders with a fifth option.

Quote Originally Posted by subshakerz View Post
    Based on their track record, I would say South Africa (Steyn, Ntini, Morkel, Harris, Kallis). The fact is that the attack is more than the sum of its parts. Kallis is a viable fifth bowling option that both Australia and Pakistan lack. Steyn is the best fast bowler in the world and Ntini is the most experienced. You can doubt the form of the bowlers individually but as a whole they manage to support Steyn well and consistently take 20 wickets, even in India and Pakistan.

Next is either Australia or Pakistan. Hilfy, Johnson and Siddle are all wickettakers but only sporadically and Hauritz isnt any sort of major threat. They are also unproven on the subcontinent. In form, the pacers are destructive but need to establish some sort of consistency before making any big claims.

Pakistan with Aamer, Asif and Gul have potentially the best pace attack and Kaneria is a better wickettaker than both Harris and Haurtiz. Asif is right up there with Steyn but Aamer is still raw and will need some time to develop. Gul is a fine thrid seamer but hasnt quite hit his stride in test cricket. What keeps them back is that they only played one series together so far so are still unproven.
    Ntini's almost finished and Watson's taking regular wickets as a fifth bowling option for Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Kaneria wouldn't get in the South African or England sides. Always outperformed by the opposition spinners (Monty, Harris).
    That was when Kaneria was going through his worst run of form. Kaneria though no world beater is comfortably better then the two and has actually won test matches on his own.

Oh I did not see there are three votes. I would put SAF and AUS as well. But if everything goes well and bowlers manage to be injury free, SL will be up there soon with Thushara, Malinga, Prasad, Fernando, Kulasekara, Welagedara, Mathews, Herath and Mendis to pick from.
    That's a pretty rancid attack. Prasad no accuracy and is hardly express, Kula can't get a wicket outside Sri Lanka, Mathews isn't an international bowler, Herath is a hack and Fernando has been around years and done nothing of great note.

Quote Originally Posted by subshakerz View Post
    Steyn>Asif

Asif is pretty mediocre on a flat track due to lack of pace.Both are equally lethal on a seamer though Asif would have an edge on a wearing-flaky day 4-5 pitch as that allows his lethal offcutters to grip the surface.

That was when Kaneria was going through his worst run of form. Kaneria though no world beater is comfortably better then the two and has actually won test matches on his own.
    So has Harris and Monty. Harris has bowled South Africa to a test series victory in Pakistan.

Kaneria did well against New Zealand but I fully expect figures of 3 for 150 odd against Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Kallis and Ntini are proven performers too.
    In clear decline as bowlers especially Ntini. Morkel is still stuck in potential mode not sure how long SA will stick with him if he doesn't step up in current series vs ENG. While the likes of Parnell & De Wet are unproven as well. Harris also now may be exposed if he has to take up more wicket role as a spinner - since he is nothing special.

SA attack is not the same one currently that made them so successful between 2006-2009

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Which Australians would you consider proven?
    Hifly/Siddle/Johnson are proven. Probably not in all conditions, but they have been getting better in each test. So on potential i'd say they would be the best - but of course its not top quality as yet.

State Vice-Captain
    Steyn>Asif

Asif is pretty mediocre on a flat track due to lack of pace.Both are equally lethal on a seamer though Asif would have an edge on a wearing-flaky day 4-5 pitch as that allows his lethal offcutters to grip the surface.
    I agree Steyn is better than Asif but they are certainly in the same league as consistent matchwinners which is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Nah ATM, Steyn they are their only good bowler, all the rest are unproven
    Yeah, Ntini with 350 + test wicket is unproven.

You really are away with the fairies.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information