• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis vs. Dravid

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
tbh, the fanboyism does get irritating for me too... But then there are quite a few irritating things about CW that we all get used too, and this is one of them for me.. I have my views on Sachin and always had them... Even he doesn't think his T20 success is any big news, coz he always was a great batsman and it was only a matter of adjusting to the format. But a LOT of his fans are going to say that he is a great BECAUSE he also succeeded in T20.. IMO, any all time great once given enough time to adjust to the format will stamp his authority on whatever brand of cricket he is asked to play. So him succeeding this IPL is not exactly a big thing to me coz I kinda expected it. But I know and expect that there will posts, articles and blogs outlining exactly why Sachin is the best since Bradman because of his success in IPL is some kind of a clincher... My advise is, they exist everywhere.. Get used to ignoring them. :)
Tbh, I think you are completely wrong on the IPL point.

They aren't saying it because he did well in the IPL.

It's because in 12 months he has dominated test, ODI and now T20 cricket. All after playing 20 years of international cricket!

That's not fanboyism, that's appreciating a ****ing fantastic player!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only non-fanboy's can comment on 'fanboyism' with any authority IMHO, it's like alcoholics often have to be told they're addicts by others :cool:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tbh, I think you are completely wrong on the IPL point.

They aren't saying it because he did well in the IPL.

It's because in 12 months he has dominated test, ODI and now T20 cricket. All after playing 20 years of international cricket!

That's not fanboyism, that's appreciating a ****ing fantastic player!
nah, I did not mean here at CW at all mate.. But try reading some pieces and listening to some of my friends/colleagues/cousins here.. They will all declare that Sachin is the best since Bradman (and in some cases, the best ever) because he has now proved he is awesome in T20s too....

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good question. Probably Kallis - he just seems to do more in lesser conditions, and has to bowl as well, although Dravid is fair gun too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's a toughie. I will read this thread when I have more time because the question intrigues me and I think it will be interesting reading.

I really can't separate them in tests though I love watching Dravid bat much more. Kallis in T20 has been a revelation though and if I have to choose a player for all formats of the game I would go for Kallis.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nah, I did not mean here at CW at all mate.. But try reading some pieces and listening to some of my friends/colleagues/cousins here.. They will all declare that Sachin is the best since Bradman (and in some cases, the best ever) because he has now proved he is awesome in T20s too....
Ah okay.

Well they're just silly then.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
In tests i would certainly prefer Dravid over the whole period of his career.

In ODI's and T20'S I would have Kallis .

As a overall Cricketer this is a no-contest.Kallis by a fair distance.

I have to say i have noticed on a few threads here that these Comparison threads generally get affected a lot by the performance in the very recent past of the players.i.e the form of the player over the last 2-3 years or even less.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I really dunno, Prince.. I mean, with 115 in each innings, there is a good chance the opposition may still draw or win the game but a 230 generally really sets you up to dominate the whole game.

I would take a player who can make his good form count a lot more than someone who cannot... Failures are common and it doesn't matter to me if you can get 20 runs more when you are in bad nick. The best batsmen producing 20 extra runs doesn't really change anything.. But between a 130 and a 210, there is a BIG difference..

I once called PEWS Prince.. ewwwwwwwwwwww