• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can any one tell me what the hell Ponting is talking about ?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
8-)

Well if you think there is comparison with those collapses. Then i struggle to believe you watching either test.

Sydney always turns on the last day/4th innings. AUS where always headed to a victory in the test (although Kumbe/Dhoni were battling away). When Clarke took his first wicket the score was 210 for 7. Clarke just got out tailenders via a combination of good bowling to tailenders who are always vunerable to spin - and trditional wearing sydeney pitch. Its absolutely ludicrous to compare the pitch conditions in Sydney 08 to Mumbai 04...Come onnnn

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tests can't be rescheduled with few days notice... And yes, no one knew that the rain would not cease for so long.. Every day we expected it to settle down but it kept on pouring... At one point, it rained non stop for 3 whole days I think.. And yeah, it was the rain season in most of THOSE major cities you are talking about? No way to bank on one then... Got any idea of the North East and South West Monsoon winds here in India??? If we were to take away tests due to threats of rain, we really should not be playing in England or New Zealand..... :p
:laugh:Yooooo like your ****ing excuses aint gonna stop. So you telling during that 2004 series EVERY CITY in India was affected by rain???. It didn't appear until the 1st 3 test except for the final day in Chennai, there was hot son. So i find this highly dubvious.

At the end of the day. The facts still remain that the test played ****ing poorly & Ponting was in his rights to ****ing to ask for an inquiry.

If the inquiry found that the conditions in IND at the time to be reason why the groundsmen may not have had a chance to prepare such a wicket - then ****ing FINE. But dont say as you idiots keep maintaining that Ponting didn't have a right to ask for an inquiry...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
:laugh:Yooooo like your ****ing excuses aint gonna stop. So you telling during that 2004 series EVERY CITY in India was affected by rain???. It didn't appear until the 1st 3 test except for the final day in Chennai, there was hot son. So i find this highly dubvious.

At the end of the day. The facts still remain that the test played ****ing poorly & Ponting was in his rights to ****ing to ask for an inquiry.

If the inquiry found that the conditions in IND at the time to be reason why the groundsmen may not have had a chance to prepare such a wicket - then ****ing FINE. But dont say as you idiots keep maintaining that Ponting didn't have a right to ask for an inquiry...
No... he has a right to make stupid statements as much as you do..

And yeah, asking for an enquiry suggests he is thinking "bias" and it was funny he did not think that on the second day. After all, there are no rules that you can't complain or ask for an enquiry on the second day...

And yes, there are 9 test centres in India... And given that those are the major cities and that they all had an equal probability of being affected by rain during that season (not to mention rescheduling with a few days to go and with the big security concerns that visiting teams generally have) it was, OF COURSE, a stupid idea to change the venue when no one was even half certain as to how the pitch will behave...

And of course the biggest fact about that match was that his batsmen played ****ing poorly..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No... he has a right to make stupid statements as much as you do..
I glad you know that my statements are stupid. Somebody defiantely break *** in your ****ing eyes since you aint seeing the ****ing Bull **** you have been rightly eh???:laugh:

And yeah, asking for an enquiry suggests he is thinking "bias" and it was funny he did not think that on the second day. After all, there are no rules that you can't complain or ask for an enquiry on the second day...
- Like you does read ****ing people minds or what. How can you say with ABSOLUTE certaintly that Ponting was thinking biased. How do you know Ponting was just not showing genuine disappoitment about the surface ALONEEE - rather than wanting to cast blame on the groundsmen?? Rest ya self big man :laugh:

- Why should he have complained after the second day?. How do you not know in team discussions after AUS first innings weren't discussing the tactics privately to counter the pitch which was clearly playing badly. After all history would have told AUS that Mumbai turns square & they would have prepared for that at least.

Read the ****ing second day match report

On a pitch where strokeplay became Russian roulette, Australia batted themselves into a position of strength even as 18 wickets fell in the 95 overs bowled. Jason Gillespie and Nathan Hauritz, the new boy, were the standout performers as India were bowled out in the morning for a paltry 104, and then Damien Martyn produced a superb 55 to wrest the initiative as India dropped four clangers in the middle of a slipshod fielding display
Anil Kumble picked up another five-for without bowling particularly well, but the run deficit may prove too much for India on a surface from which mushroom clouds of dust were exploding each time the ball pitched.

Like you is a jackass or wa big man :laugh:

And yes, there are 9 test centres in India... And given that those are the major cities and that they all had an equal probability of being affected by rain during that season (not to mention rescheduling with a few days to go and with the big security concerns that visiting teams generally have) it was, OF COURSE, a stupid idea to change the venue when no one was even half certain as to how the pitch will behave...
I dont believe it was raining that badly. Since in the 3 test before rain only came ONCE before on the final day in Chennai, nothing but hot son was seen during the live play. But even if thats was the case Ponting was in his rights to ****ing complain. I shall keep repeating this HARCORE ****ING FACT, since like your head bloody hardddd

And of course the biggest fact about that match was that his batsmen played ****ing poorly..
Indeed just like how your ****ing Indian batsmen these great players of spin collapses the wiles of Michael Clarke right....Like ya forget that part man:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I glad you know that my statements are stupid. Somebody defiantely break *** in your ****ing eyes since you aint seeing the ****ing Bull **** you have been rightly eh???:laugh:

- Like you does read ****ing people minds or what. How can you say with ABSOLUTE certaintly that Ponting was thinking biased. How do you know Ponting was just not showing genuine disappoitment about the surface ALONEEE - rather than wanting to cast blame on the groundsmen?? Rest ya self big man :laugh:

- Why should he have complained after the second day?. How do you not know in team discussions after AUS first innings weren't discussing the tactics privately to counter the pitch which was clearly playing badly. After all history would have told AUS that Mumbai turns square & they would have prepared for that at least.

Read the ****ing second day match report

On a pitch where strokeplay became Russian roulette, Australia batted themselves into a position of strength even as 18 wickets fell in the 95 overs bowled. Jason Gillespie and Nathan Hauritz, the new boy, were the standout performers as India were bowled out in the morning for a paltry 104, and then Damien Martyn produced a superb 55 to wrest the initiative as India dropped four clangers in the middle of a slipshod fielding display
Anil Kumble picked up another five-for without bowling particularly well, but the run deficit may prove too much for India on a surface from which mushroom clouds of dust were exploding each time the ball pitched.

Like you is a jackass or wa big man :laugh:

I dont believe it was raining that badly. Since in the 3 test before rain only came ONCE before on the final day in Chennai, nothing but hot son was seen during the live play. But even if thats was the case Ponting was in his rights to ****ing complain. I shall keep repeating this HARCORE ****ING FACT, since like your head bloody hardddd

Indeed just like how your ****ing Indian batsmen these great players of spin collapses the wiles of Michael Clarke right....Like ya forget that part man:laugh:
Forgetting the insults, here we go..

1. If it was so bad on the second day itself, they may have well complained. They didn't, because they had a chance to win the match.. It was only after they lost that this whole fracas about the pitch was digged up.

2. If he is asking for an enquiry, it suggests he thinks the groundsman had prepared it bad deliberately or that he was not up to the standards expected of international curators... And honestly, if he didn't know and was never told that Mumbai had one of the worst spells of monsoon that year, he deserves the abuse he gets from most here... It is not that difficult to learn front page facts esp. before you kick up such a big thing...

3. I am not saying it was raining badly.. I am simply saying since it was monsoon season in almost all of those centres, the threat of rain was there in EVERY single one of them and it would have made no sense to move it to another city, as it could have gotten washed out there too..

I apologize for some of the name calling, btw.. Sorry Jack. will behave. :)