• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The top opposition of each era for test bowlers

Days of Grace

International Captain
I'm redoing my test bowler ratings and one criteria I want to include is a bowler's average against the top opposition of his time.
The problem I have is in ascertaining what was the top opposition for each bowler. Should all Shane Warne's matches against England count, or only those from 2001 onwards, when England was considered one of the top three or four sides in the world? When should matches against the West Indies cease to be counted?

So what I am asking for is what do you think was the top opposition of each era.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:)