cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 astounding Rahul Dravid stats......

Banned

2 astounding Rahul Dravid stats......

Dravid has scored 28 test centuries. Only 1 of them has come in a loss Incredible!!!!

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

Also he has test centuries in every test playing country. Has anyone else achieved this feat ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Dravid has scored 28 test centuries. Only 1 of them has come in a loss Incredible!!!!

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

Also he has test centuries in every test playing country. Has anyone else achieved this feat ?
    Gundappa Vishwanath has never scored a 100 in a losing cause. I don't see it as anything more than a trivia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Gundappa Vishwanath has never scored a 100 in a losing cause. I don't see it as anything more than a trivia.
    He scored nowhere near 28 centuries. At best it must be around 12-15.

Banned
    He scored nowhere near 28 centuries. At best it must be around 12-15.
    I don't see that as being a great indicator of a person's superior batsmanship.

Banned
    I don't see that as being a great indicator of a person's superior batsmanship.
    I agree. But the stat is impressive nonetheless because he has played for a relatively weak team for most of his career. I was right about the second statistic. He is the only player to score test centuries away from home in all test playing countries.

Banned
    I agree. But the stat is impressive nonetheless because he has played for a relatively weak team for most of his career. I was right about the second statistic. He is the only player to score test centuries away from home in all test playing countries.
    Rahul Dravid hit his peak and scored majority of his 100s post 2000 during which period India started their ascendancy in test cricket. It is just a coincidence that only 1 100 of his resulted in a loss and is just a statistical trivia like Kapil Dev not being run out during his entire test career or Vishwanath never havin a 100 in a losing cause etc.
    However I agree his scoring 100s in every test playing nation is something to be applauded, although SRT is not far behind since he has not scored a 100 only in Zimbabwe where he played just 4 test matches.

Banned
    Rahul Dravid hit his peak and scored majority of his 100s post 2000 during which period India started their ascendancy in test cricket. It is just a coincidence that only 1 100 of his resulted in a loss and is just a statistical trivia like Kapil Dev not being run out during his entire test career or Vishwanath never havin a 100 in a losing cause etc.
    However I agree his scoring 100s in every test playing nation is something to be applauded, although SRT is not far behind since he has not scored a 100 only in Zimbabwe where he played just 4 test matches.
    It's just that 1/28 is very impressive when you compare it to his contemporaries. But I don't disagree with your post.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    If he scores a century v Bangladesh at home, he will be the only player to score centuries v all teams home and away. S.Waugh had that stat till before Bangladesh played test cricket. I might be wrong though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    If he scores a century v Bangladesh at home, he will be the only player to score centuries v all teams home and away. S.Waugh had that stat till before Bangladesh played test cricket. I might be wrong though.
    Close but no, Steve Waugh didn't score a century in Sri Lanka.

Cricket Champion!
    Ponting has only played 1 test in Pakistan and 1 inning against Zimbabwe - only 2 countries he hasn't scored a 100 in yet.
    ★★★★★

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Ponting has only played 1 test in Pakistan and 1 inning against Zimbabwe - only 2 countries he hasn't scored a 100 in yet.
    Are Australia touring any of those two countries in the near future ? He deserves the record.

Mahela Jayawardane has scored 100s against team. And he has scored away ecnturies against every team other than SAF. And his highest score in SAF is 98. There may be many who have fallen just short
    Last edited by Migara; 10-12-2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    So basically he's going to finish his career without scoring a century in either country. Man, the fun we're going to have with that stat while comparing him to Lara/Tendulkar etc.

martin crowe has a century against all nations bar one SA (hs 81) no bangladesh in his days.

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    And India have never played Bangladesh at home, and probably wont in the next 5 years, so I doubt he will be able to achieve that!
    "This is a clash of strategy. And of methods, culture and politics. This is a new-era rivalry. Not as ancient as the Ashes, or as passionate as India-Pakistan. Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."- Jarrod Kimber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information