• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New FTP - No more home-and-away

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
the home-and-away requirements in the new FTP could be scrapped. play each other twice in a 6-year cycle , minimum 2 Test and 3 ODI's , played either home or away ...more

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I would rather test series were slightly less frequent and guaranteed to be three matches minimum, than having two-test series more often.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lack of home and away requirement is dire, IMO. It goes without saying that I blame BCCI and the IPL.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If they're worried about easing the constraints of the schedule, why not make the FTP over 8 years rather than 6?

slugger

State Vice-Captain
i dont like the ftp at all, I think if if they just implement a simple championship table were each team has to play one another in a 3 test series over a 3 year plan home and away just swaps around between to the countries in the followering 3 year cycle.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Never been a fan of the FTP either. I've always been of the opinion that it, rather than Bangladesh having test status per se, that has been responsible for the dilution of quality in test cricket.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I thought the purpose of FTP was to ensure that the 'big' nations couldnt ignore the smaller nations with a worthless championship tagged on to add sugar to the medicine. This seems to make the whole think a little pointless.

It is ok for England though as it enables Bang and others to fill the awkward early season spot without ever having to tour there. It also takes the pressure off having to visit Pakistan due to security problems and having to rearrange the games.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The problem without the FTP is that boards will just schedule the series that are the most lucrative to them, and ignore the rest of the cricket nations. Why would India for instance, want to play New Zealand at home, when they could just schedule a series against Pakistan or Australia?

Lostman

State Captain
SL and NZ might as well give up on test cricket with this. (Pakistan safety issues)
What board would ever want to to tour either of these two places if they can make more $ elsewhere. At least SL will get an occasional Indian tour to keep the SL vote with the BCCI, but thats about it.
SL hasn't toured SA for tests since 02, and I have no idea when the next scheduled one is.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
these no motive .. the ICC has create the motive, for teams to tour. the only motivation left here is the money changing hands between the big nations.

Great idea, why make the more established nations play series that loses money when they can be playing quality cricket and improving the quality of cricket for supporters. Its not about the BCCI or the ICC its about providing the supporters with the best quality cricket available.