Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think that India are helping kill the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    The question isn't, "Are the BCCI killing test cricket?" The question is, what are you going to do about it?
    Indeed. Maybe someone in the ICC with a heart (a former player) can organise a meeting or something with the big cats, to decide to revamp the ICC into a real governing body somehow. But for now the bureaucracy continues...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Perhaps hold off on the outrage for now.

I don't trust any site which doesn't let me copy and paste their text.
    A facebook update from CSA revealed that the press got this one wrong....

Ther series has NOT been cancelled and has been postponed due to busy schedules and will be played at a later dat that suites both countries.

Banned
    So that means CSA is equally responsible in the postponement? Can someone now lock this thread?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    So that means CSA is equally responsible in the postponement? Can someone now lock this thread?
    lol bit hopeful Precam. Sounds more like exactly what everyone thinks and the BCCI have told CSA that the Tests will have to come at another date.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    lol bit hopeful Precam. Sounds more like exactly what everyone thinks and the BCCI have told CSA that the Tests will have to come at another date.
    didn't both teams want time to prepare for the T20 WC or something?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by jboss View Post
    Ther series has NOT been cancelled and has been postponed due to busy schedules and will be played at a later dat that suites both countries.
    The line between a cancellation and a postponement is blurry to say the least. Nice spin from CSA though.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jboss View Post
    A facebook update from CSA revealed that the press got this one wrong....

In other words - canceled. A later date won't be until after the WC, which means, it's been canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Indeed. Maybe someone in the ICC with a heart (a former player) can organise a meeting or something with the big cats, to decide to revamp the ICC into a real governing body somehow. But for now the bureaucracy continues...
    Haha, no one in the ICC has that type of legal power. And no board is going to give up autonomy. Not your evil BCCI, and not ECB and not CA and not CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Haha, no one in the ICC has that type of legal power. And no board is going to give up autonomy. Not your evil BCCI, and not ECB and not CA and not CSA.
    Indeed. The whole problem got a deep historical roots since when the MCC used to be the big cats. This IPL problem was seen before when the Packer saga erupted, thats when things should have changed. Now its so tangled up.

Some compromise needs to made if a "Full governing body" cant be formed. Since the BCCI power & influence needs to scalled down drastically.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    "Do you think that India are helping kill the game?"....and they don't even know it.....!
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    There is another chance too. We have all seen the BCCI cashing in on a particular format whenever the side is good at it like ODIs an T20s. Now that they are at the top of the Test table, we might see a sudden rush of test matches being played by these guys. Should wait and see what happens now tbh. Could go either way, continued indifference or a ****load of tests scheduled in an adrenaline rush.
    India ask South Africa to play two Tests | South Africa Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

*Shakes fist*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    Yeah now what? Earlier it was the flat pitches now it is test matches. BCCI is no angel, but the effort it is taking to popularise the game is unmatched in history.

There goes the BCCI again, bullying the other countries into playing more T20. First it was the extra test in NZ, now its 2 against SA. Its time we recast the ICC aussie style and put an end to this monopolostic arm twisting. India are killing the game.

Ugh. 2 Tests only? Well beggars can't be choosers. I can't wait.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    There goes the BCCI again, bullying the other countries into playing more T20. First it was the extra test in NZ, now its 2 against SA. Its time we recast the ICC aussie style and put an end to this monopolostic arm twisting. India are killing the game.
    The newest allegation is that BCCI is going to prepare "ridiculous" wickets like Kanpur 2008 and ensure an Indian win and thereby cement its place at the top.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information