• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selct ONE spinner: Best of 00s

Who is the spinner in your team of the decade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Interesting, I imagine that in this case the three first picked bowlers from this decade would be McGrath, Warne and then Murali anyway. Spinners are picked because the quicks need a rest and someone needs to take the wickets on a bunsen.
That would be fine, if that's what people wanted. But I liked it in the same way all three middle order batsmen were picked. I'd have been fine with saying 'pick the top five'.

bagapath

International Captain
That would be fine, if that's what people wanted. But I liked it in the same way all three middle order batsmen were picked. I'd have been fine with saying 'pick the top five'.
am planning to bunch the all-rounders with the top runners up from batting, fast bowling and spin bowling polls for the last two slots in a single poll. ultimately you can probably choose 4 pacers, and giles :)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
murali easily - greatest bowler of all time without a shadow of doubt
Haha, love how you categorically state 'without a shadow of doubt' ....I'd rate both Marshall & Hadlee above Murali if we're comparing him with all bowlers for a start

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Incidentally Bagapath, you seem to do these polls quite often, yet I never seem to see the final product

JBH001

International Regular
Think Murali was the better bowler during the time in question. Although the extra considerations PEWS brought up certainly provide food for thought.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I object. What if I don't want a spinner? I may or may not. Just saying. Why are you limiting it in this way - if a spinner is one of the four best bowlers that people want, they will pick him.
Exact same goes in reverse.

What if I believe Warne, Murali and Kumble, all things being considered, should be in the team.

I could open the bowling would Anil :ph34r:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
The fact that Pollock is being considered the 2nd best pacer of the decade should show that even if you base everything on the efficacy argument Manan usually brings for pace, that Warne and Murali comfortably compete.