• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India: Deserved of No. 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I called the way one inning ended a choke. I am not calling him a choker characteristically.
Sounds like...Oh I am just calling him a killer, not a serial killer. You called him a serial killer.

That's what you have done in the past multiple times with 'choker chokes again' posts.
And I have admitted that many times that I was wrong to post in that manner. You have not.

And my last one on this.

What about your post on choking, when are you going to come clean ?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Internet is not a denominator of the real world IMO and I have the right to have that opinion.

Even the best can be out for a bad shot or a choke. It is very different to calling him a charecteristic choker.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I applied to be a mod last time and would love to be a mod. I try to follow forum rules by the letter and don't think have ever broken any forum rule. Don't see why I shouldn't be considered for a mod if a vacancy arises.
Haha, walked right into it.:p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
No one has a right to say when a player should retire.
Yet you say it loud on your Blog :-

Pratosphere - Cinema Rants: On Ponting's Retirement From T20 Internationals

"...It's logical for guys like Tendulkar and Ponting to step aside from T20 internationals to focus on the real deal - test cricket and the 2011 ODI world cup. They can't afford to have a bad patch of form as it can lead to a quicker retirement at this stage of their careers though I doubt any one would be brave enough to drop Tendulkar if goes through a bad patch. .."

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah you are a Tendulkar fan. The same person who says Tendulkar is selfish, money minded, is a choker and cannot play an inning under pressure. You have said all of that. And you are still a Tendulkar fan. Right. .
At least I did not post a picture of Tendulkar calling him on a monkey on my blog :-

Gandhi’s three monkeys Sportolysis – The World Sports Blog

(Sorry Link whoring )
I am a fan not a fanatic. Yes I have said Tendulkar a lot of things in the past, for me he is not a god that I worship. Some of the things I have called him are right in the context and I stand by it.

Some of the things I have called him, I have accepted that I was wrong. The fact that you continue to ignore that tells much about what your intentions are here.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Internet is not a denominator of the real world IMO and I have the right to have that opinion.
Well then Ian Chappell didn't write his stuff on the real world, he wrote it on Internet. Stop being bitter about it.

Even the best can be out for a bad shot or a choke. It is very different to calling him a charecteristic choker.
Scoring 175 is not a choke. And If you argue that was a choke then you are vindicating my choke comments in the past. If we go by your definition (whatever that may be) you should agree that 136 in Chennai was a choke too, WC 2003 Final was a choke too, so was the desert storm inning. You can't pick one inning randomly and decide it was a choke whereas others were not.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
He choked AFTER he scored 175 IMO. You can't just accept some one can differ with you. You are constantly attacking me regarding the choking. Shut the **** up.
Wow, so you shoot your filthy mouth and you accuse me of attacking you ?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Really not sure if a batsman can really choke, by my own personal definition. Because the variables change with each ball, and a dismissal is only one tiny mistake, I don't really see "getting out" as a choke.

Something where the person controls the play (i.e. double faulting on match point in tennis, bowling a wide with scores tied) is what I see as a choke. Feeling pressure doesn't necessarily equal a "choke".

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Alright, need to hold the horses up here. You've both already been asked to keep things civil, and have shown an inability to do that.

The thread will be closed temporarily, and further action may be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.