• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

AaronK

State Regular
kamran akmal or shoaib Malik

Most likey that it was Kamran akmal considering that he kept making statements before the 3rd test saying that he is sure he will play.. Also Umar Akmal's fake injury..

Malik didn't play the first and second test so.. he may not be the guy..

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Doesn't seem to fit what he said though. He said they had a talk and decided they had to drop him during the Tests in Australia.. Malik in fact only played the last Test, so he was brought in.
watched the show the one telling point was that the accused player refused to play in the warm up game.Only Moyo and Malik did not play the warm up.

My take on this.
Just shut up and if you have complaints keep it behind doors and to the relevant authorities.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't seem to fit what he said though. He said they had a talk and decided they had to drop him during the Tests in Australia.. Malik in fact only played the last Test, so he was brought in.
They dropped him in New Zealand..and did not want to pick him in Australia. They were forced to pick him for the final test because Misbah and Faisal were so dreadful.

I am not at all surprised by Yousuf's statement. Younis Khan also complained about him after the Sri Lanka series in July. I always had a feeling that Mallik was causing trouble..and his recent statement that a captain needs to be energetic was a shot at Yousuf.

While I am no Yousuf fan, but if what he is saying is true, then Mallik deserves to be kicked out.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
watched the show the one telling point was that the accused player refused to play in the warm up game.Only Moyo and Malik did not play the warm up.

My take on this.
Just shut up and if you have complaints keep it behind doors and to the relevant authorities.
Yes and i think it was actually Salman Butt who refused initially and then he agreed but still refused to open the batting...now i am not sure but from the way he was saying things...it looked to me he was pointing at Malik...because i am not sure but their was a report before the series ended that he is a very negative influence in the dressing room......

TBH i think he should be open about this because who ever is doing this also must have been the culprit behind Younis's ouster....

I am afraid Yousuf is making a good case for captaincy the way he was talking on the show.....just a feeling....(also Afridi's blunder played into his hands).

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL we all know it was Mallik..like we needed a confirmation.
Both YK and MOYO have had issues with Mallik.

Yousuf blamed Mallik earlier in 2008-09 when he was dropped from T20 under Mallik's captaincy and went to ICL in protest.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If by getting rid of Malik, YK can be lured back Pakistan should do it in a heart beat.

Want to see a touring side of

Token openers
YK
MoYo
Umar
PlayerX
Kamran
Razzaq
Aamer
Asif
Akthar/Kaneria/Gul

next time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah but the thing is things are going up for India while Pak is declining further and further it pains me to see that talentless guys like Farhat and Faisal can make the playing XI just because they have relatives sitting in the PCB office..
Those two aren't as bad as they are made out. The one who is seriously bad and undeserving of a place in the side imo is Misbah.
Yeah top call.

I hate to be a dickhead and dig up a clanger because we've all made our fair share of those, especially myself, but I think about this post all the time. Whenever Misbah plays well I think about it. A lot of Pakistani players, Misbah included, copped a lot of criticism in this thread for obvious reasons and some of it was bound to go over the top.. but when this bloke defended Faisal ****ing Iqbal and said he was more deserving of a place than Misbah just because the latter had a couple of poor series in a row (and he was far from the only one), it really angered me.

Well done Misbah; wag.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
His comeback has been outstanding, can't say a bad word about him right now. Brilliant effort.

As an aside, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't AK a notable member of the sub-bridge dwelling sort?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As an aside, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't AK a notable member of the sub-bridge dwelling sort?
Yeah no doubt (among other things), but he made quite a few serious posts in his time as well (hence his prolonged stay) and that was one of them.
We also had Sanz in this thread call him "the worst cricketer from Pakistan" although that one didn't actually stick in mind; I found it just now while looking for that AK post.

Either way, Misbah >>> haters on CW. :p

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan selection policy is so weird.
Specially of Batsman.

They keep ignoring the best domestic performers and pick someone random all of a sudden .Give him about 15 to 20 games then kick him out and replace him with another random player again ignoring the best performers.

They would have dropped Misbah too no doubt,had Younis and Yousuf not gone through all sorts of problems they did off field.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
And there are quite a few players who seem to have haters on CW.

Atleast Misbah was being criticised when he was not performing,Gambhir keeps being criticised even when he does sometimes.:p

It is just the nature of the game ,sometimes.

Last edited: