• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

Pakistan is easily the worst batting line up in top 8
No way ! NZ hold that mantle easily. With Ryder injured, we only really have 3 proven Test quality batsman atm, and that's being kind to Vettori & McCullum.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well it's official, no Younis for the Aus series. He's been incommunicado with PCB since he decided to "take a break". He's not played in any domestic cricket like he was asked to either. So no surprise that he wasn't selected. This is a serious blow to Pakistan's already thin chances at winning. I no longer have any sympathy for Younis. He's in the same boat to me as the back-stabbing ****s who forced him out as Captain. They're all selfish in their own way and none deserve any respect/sympathy.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I can't wait for Umar Akmal to let loose. Will probably have no problems trying to belt Johnson out of the park and will do the same to Hauritz.
Johnson will own Umar on bouncy tracks..............IMO. But still its will be like a Lennox Lewis Vs. Mike Tyson kinda fight........

Faisal1985

Given that Kaneria has been bowling decently, would you select him or Ajmal? I dont think fingerspinners excel in Australia that much, and at least Kaneria has some experience of touring Australia.

By far Kaneria should be the pick in Tests.....Ajmal is too flat.

But IMO, Aussies counter a leggie better then Off break..................not sure, but just a gut feeling....

Faisal1985

Well it's official, no Younis for the Aus series. He's been incommunicado with PCB since he decided to "take a break". He's not played in any domestic cricket like he was asked to either. So no surprise that he wasn't selected. This is a serious blow to Pakistan's already thin chances at winning. I no longer have any sympathy for Younis. He's in the same boat to me as the back-stabbing ****s who forced him out as Captain. They're all selfish in their own way and none deserve any respect/sympathy.
You think he did it on purpose? :blink:

Fusion

Global Moderator
You think he did it on purpose? :blink:
Did what on purpose? Choose not play domestic cricket and inform the board whether he was available to be picked or not? It’s obvious to me he doesn’t want to take part in the series. If he did, we would’ve heard from him by now.

Faisal1985

Did what on purpose? Choose not play domestic cricket and inform the board whether he was available to be picked or not? It’s obvious to me he doesn’t want to take part in the series. If he did, we would’ve heard from him by now.

Now that i think about it, that could very well be the case, he did this on purpose.

He is not Miandad that Pak will call him up after watching the World Class Oz bowlers......

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
By far Kaneria should be the pick in Tests.....Ajmal is too flat.

But IMO, Aussies counter a leggie better then Off break..................not sure, but just a gut feeling....
Kaneria is pretty useless against batsmen who are atleast half decent players of spin.
Considering Swann's success against Australia in the Ashes, I would pick Ajmal.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Younis Khan and Shoaib Akhtar should have been picked in the squad.

Asif is bowling a lot on this NZ tour, I hope he doesnt pick up an injury. He will be bowling a lot of overs in Australia. We needed another strike bowler in Akhtar who could share the load along with Aamer.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Why? Younis has shown no interest in being selected. Can't pick someone if they're not interested in playing. As for Akhtar, his career is over IMO. He's not had any recent match practice and he's not proven that he's even in shape to bowl. Bringing him in to face Australia will be a disaster.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Oh dear this is the worst Pakistan batting line up to tour and we were battered 3-0 twice previously its going to be a thrashing this time around again.

Faisal1985

Asif is bowling a lot on this NZ tour, I hope he doesnt pick up an injury. He will be bowling a lot of overs in Australia. We needed another strike bowler in Akhtar who could share the load along with Aamer.
I particularly don't like the suggestion of Shoaib Akhtar....to me he is history. Plus its important that a bad influence like Akhtar does not infect the young bunch Pakistan has right now.

Asif didn't bowl for over a year, bowling in 2 tests should not be that big of a deal........this is international cricket, he needs to be fit and bowl whenever/where ever the team needs him to...if anything.....Aamir might need a rest. But he is too good to be rested right now.

Ajmal is good but in my opinion not nearly as good as Kaneria, especially in tests. Ajmal was far from threatening against NZ in the 1st test he played. Whereas Kaneria's performance is in front of every one and his test career is also pretty decent.

YK did not play domestic cricket and gave an implication to PCB that he does not want to tour. So if he doesn't want to tour, i think PCB should start searching for more talent like Umar. I am sure they will find someone in the streets who will become another great....

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Waqar is hardly the ideal man for the fielding coach position..LOL he himself admitted that he would never dive. A fine bowling coach though, especially for the younger bowlers.

Fusion and Faisal1985, I agree with your assessment of Shoaib Akthar lacking match practice and fitness, however I have always believed that an extra yard of pace is always an advantage..and if you have someone who can generate that, you pick him. Thats just my approach, and I am willing to pick someone with extra pace even if he has all those external issues like Shoaib.
Asif, Gul and Aamer have been excellent in New Zealand but I do believe that when facing a strong Australian batting line up, its pace that can at times unsettle even the best.