• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah was about to ask the same question.

Any idea on when he will be back, what kind of injury does he have or is it for other reasons?
No injury just another one of his tantrums.... apparently quite a few of senior player were undermining his captaincy so decided to step down and skip NZ series.
Not sure about when he'll be back though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Asif's lack of pace worries me for flater Aus tracks he seems to have lost a yard of pace since that elbow injury though control still remain the same.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Asif's lack of pace worries me for flater Aus tracks he seems to have lost a yard of pace since that elbow injury though control still remain the same.
Yeah, the extra bounce should help him though with his height. Collymore looked awesome on the last West Indies tour of Australia bowling really similar stuff to what Asif is bowling now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh:

Pakistyan is easily the worst batting line up in top 8. Atleast NZL have depth with Vettori at 8. You can drop Fulton, Flynn you can get away with it drop Ponting or Clarke once and they will make you pay.

2-0 Aus here.
Nah New Zealand have a much worse batting lineup than Pakistan. If you factor catching in it's much closer because McIntosh is actually an excellent slipper, but on batting alone you're seventh at worst.

Don't really agree with pasag about Pakistan being a genuine chance but I'm sure we'll see some really good sessions of cricket when Australia or Yousuf are batting. I've got premium tickets to the Sydney Test, really looking forward to it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Given that Kaneria has been bowling decently, would you select him or Ajmal? I dont think fingerspinners excel in Australia that much, and at least Kaneria has some experience of touring Australia.
I would pick Kaneria myself. Only in Sydney would Ajmal offer anything.
Yeah Kaneria's not going to get dropped now after getting picked against New Zealand and doing well. I reckon he's a shot at doing something awesome against Australia as well as long as he doesn't start the series with 0/40.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nah New Zealand have a much worse batting lineup than Pakistan. If you factor catching in it's much closer because McIntosh is actually an excellent slipper, but on batting alone you're seventh at worst.

Don't really agree with pasag about Pakistan being a genuine chance but I'm sure we'll see some really good sessions of cricket when Australia or Yousuf are batting. I've got premium tickets to the Sydney Test, really looking forward to it.
I feel Pakistan has a potential to nick out a test if they can get themselvves in a similar position as Windies have done in this game. We might never know Windies may close this out but I would back Pak to bowl better then Windies in the 4th inning, however the real question is wether Pakistan has the batting to make 800 runs in the match to put pressure on Australia.

Sydney is the only possibility for such a game.

Flem274*

123/5
You guys will have some decent battin once you bring in YK for someone. Perhaps a team like:

Butt
Fart
Younis
MoYo
Annoying Exceptional Teenager
Malik/Misbah
Annoying Exceptional Teenagers Brother
The Other Annoying Exceptional Teenager
Gul
Asif
Kaneria.

Bar Fahart and the number six question thats a pretty good team. You certainly don't need to be worried about your batting being worse than a side who puts its tail at the top and starts batting at four.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You guys will have some decent battin once you bring in YK for someone. Perhaps a team like:

Butt
Fart
Younis
MoYo
Annoying Exceptional Teenager
Malik/Misbah
Annoying Exceptional Teenagers Brother
The Other Annoying Exceptional Teenager
Gul
Asif
Kaneria.

Bar Fahart and the number six question thats a pretty good team. You certainly don't need to be worried about your batting being worse than a side who puts its tail at the top and starts batting at four.
Younis probably won't be touring though. It's like saying New Zealand's batting will be good once Mark Richardson and Stephen Fleming come out of retirement and Fringe Division successfully teleports Stewie Dempster through time.

Flem274*

123/5
Younis probably won't be touring though. It's like saying New Zealand's batting will be good once Mark Richardson and Stephen Fleming come out of retirement and Fringe Division successfully teleports Stewie Dempster through time.
Not really because Umar Akmal doesn't need to be transported through time, MoYo hasn't retired...

Will be a blow if YK doesnt tour though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Never say never about Younis the guy flip flops more then a dying fish.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not really because Umar Akmal doesn't need to be transported through time, MoYo hasn't retired...

Will be a blow if YK doesnt tour though.
I meant in reference to Younis specifically. He's not going to be playing in this series so he's about as relevant as Dempster or Richardson.

Umar Akmal transported through time could be pretty useful though; you could grap the 2017 version and he could captain. :p

Flem274*

123/5
I meant in reference to Younis specifically. He's not going to be playing in this series so he's about as relevant as Dempster or Richardson.

Umar Akmal transported through time could be pretty useful though; you could grap the 2017 version and he could captain. :p
Dibbs.

Fair enough if he's definitely out. What a waste.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dibbs.

Fair enough if he's definitely out. What a waste.
Haha well I'd never say 'definitely' when it came to Younis; he's about as predictable as Douglas Marillier. He'll probably miss the first Test on principle and then come back for the second after they collapse and the selectors beg him. :p

Craig

World Traveller
Do Pakistan have a fielding coach, if so, who? I remember years ago that the Sri Lankans hired Trevor Chappell as a fielding coach, and you actually saw an improvement. Ok they weren't the quality of South Africa or Australia, but they were a lot better then what they were at that time. Or at least I remember the commentators saying there had been an improvement with Trevor in charge of fielding. But do forgive me if my memory is wrong, this is going back to the best part of 8-10 years :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do Pakistan have a fielding coach, if so, who? I remember years ago that the Sri Lankans hired Trevor Chappell as a fielding coach, and you actually saw an improvement. Ok they weren't the quality of South Africa or Australia, but they were a lot better then what they were at that time. Or at least I remember the commentators saying there had been an improvement with Trevor in charge of fielding. But do forgive me if my memory is wrong, this is going back to the best part of 8-10 years :p
I don't think they need a national fielding coach as such; what they need is a lot more emphasis placed on catching all the way through the ranks right down to junior cricket. One coach won't do that.

If someone's slow across the ground or misfields a bit you can get away with it in Test cricket but good catching is just as important as good bowling.

Craig

World Traveller
Can they just get someone in to help with their catching? Ok, so I'm not expecting miracles, but maybe the coach can spot a flaw in their catching technique and try and do something to fix it. I think trying something is better then not trying anything at all. Maybe it is just me.

AaronK

State Regular
Can they just get someone in to help with their catching? Ok, so I'm not expecting miracles, but maybe the coach can spot a flaw in their catching technique and try and do something to fix it. I think trying something is better then not trying anything at all. Maybe it is just me.
i remember back in 06/07 the PCB hired Jonty Rhodes for a short stunt with pakistani team to improve their catching.. during this short stunt, Jonty picked Imran Farhat as the best catcher in the Pakistani side. it is a shame how that turned out. lol..

Xuhaib

International Coach
its strange that guys like Misbah and Malik are dropping these catches usually these two are very safe fielders lack of Younis in first slip is also costing big time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I tend to be of the believe that it's a lost cause once you get to Test level. You aren't going to get a prank-catcher and turn him into Mark Taylor. They need more emphasis on it at lower levels; not a top level coach.