• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Questions surrounding the Refferal System

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I thought I'd clarify a few pretty obvious flaws with the current system.

1. Why deny the third umpire the use of the hawkeye system? If its because 'its (supposedly) not 100% accurate' then I call bull****. I've umpired matches with friends. I've talked to umpires before, and when it comes to the decision making process for LBWs, 'benefit of the doubt' doesn't really exist in the way you think. There is always doubt with LBW, it doesn't matter how plumb it looks. So, why not allow third umpires that same measure of doubt? Say, whenever the ball hits (on hawkeye) the outside or top of the stumps, the batsman get the benefit of the doubt. But anything else and they're gone. There is NO argument against this.

2. Why the hell is hotspot not being used either? Is there any explanation available? It seems ridiculous to have a decision referred to someone with slow-motion, and all manner of different technology, only for the ultimate decision to be then transferred back to the onfield umpire.

What the hell is going on?

slugger

State Vice-Captain
the system has been used in nz vs pak. and i think both teams have used the system well .. there is some skill in when refferring and not referring. bendon mccullum has challenged twice and got non lbw over turned against him.

it sound like the WI are not using the system well and not appreciating the systems advantages