• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greatest Comeback In History?

archie mac

International Coach
Great stuff lads, one of my all time favourite cricket stories:cool:

Reading a bio on Mead atm, and read quite a good one on his Lordship, always upset me the incident with Bradman in 1930:dry:

A ? as slipped into the text:ph34r:

ret

International Debutant
That's interesting! ..... As for test cricket, I won't be surprised if it is Ind's comeback against Aus in Kolkatta, when Laxman and Dravid turned things around for India

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Pak Vs. NZ..........................great comeback by Amir and Ajmal..............but we lost the game lol

bagapath

International Captain
bradman's first series as a skipper must surely be one of the greatest comebacks ever.

Josh

International Regular
Hey that's an excellent little bit of reading. Would love to be a part of something like that wouldn't you??

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are accounts of the 36/37 tour by English journalists William Pollock and Bruce Harris and also, for the only time for a series in Australia by Neville Cardus, who of course was a journalist too, but a rather special one - no account by a player though - nor, oddly, by an Aussie

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Well, but for Kamran Akmal in Karachi 2006 Pakistan might well have done almost the same. They were 0-3 to Irfan's hat-trick at the end of the first over, and 36-6 at the end of 10 overs (or something like that). They ended up with 230 odd (due to Akmal's century mostly).
2nd innings, they declared on 599-6.

bagapath

International Captain
I will post a link that Martin sent me, it may have it, but now my little boy is demanding the computer:@
whenever you find time to come back to CW do give me the link.

also read it out to your little boy. may he also grow up to be a cricket fan.