• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India is No.1 in World test cricket!

Sir Alex

Banned
With this stupendous win of 2-0 over Sri Lanka, India have moved upto No.1 in test rankings. I think it is well deserved and congratulations to the entire team and contingent in attaining this landmark for the first time since rankings came to place. Dhoni and Kirsten have definitely hit off as a blockbuster pair and it is suprising to note that Dhoni is yet to lose a test as captain. They have played good positive aggressive cricket in the last few years. Tendulkar expressed that he had been waiting for such a moment in his career and this is a great news for the nation as well. For people who have been clamouring India has been concentrating only on T20s and ODIs for money this is possibly the best answer.

archie mac

International Coach
Well done to India, just a pity they only play 3 Tests in the next two years:ph34r: (or something like that!)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Worst test team ever to be Number one in the rankings tbh.
I'd argue they are better than the team they just took over. Plus they've never lost a test under Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Can't be that bad.

Sir Alex

Banned
I'd argue they are better than the team they just took over. Plus they've never lost a test under Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Can't be that bad.
Yes Jono, in fact India have won 7 out of 10 tests under Dhoni, and that includes perhaps only New Zealand as a weak test opposition still at their home.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
We are not a perfect team but neither is australia and south africa anymore.We have made a huge leap from a few years ago and we are going to get better.

Howsie

International Captain
Nah, I reckon South Africa's a better team. Can't really say anything until they play each other again though.

archie mac

International Coach
International tours

Pakistan in Australia, Dec 2009 - Feb 2010

Bangladesh in New Zealand, Feb 2010

Australia in New Zealand, Feb - Mar 2010

India in Bangladesh, Jan - Feb 2010

England in Bangladesh, Feb - Mar 2010

Bangladesh in England, May - July 2010

Australia in England, June - July 2010

Pakistan in England, June - September 2010

The Ashes 2010, November 2010 - January 2011

jeevan

International 12th Man
Good thing Test rankings are updated at the end of each series.

We (India fans) get to savor this one for a month. India was #1 in ODIs some time earlier this year - I think that lasted all of one day, not even enough time to post on CW!

Kind of poignant that Kumble,Ganguly werent part of this milestone. Them for Ojha & Yuvraj, and you have XI who had earned their parts in the journey to here (Assuming Gambhir for M Vijay).

Sreesanth might or might not be better than Ishant, Munaf but he's won two big games for India that were essential to this ranking.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Signifies a weak era in Test cricket to me when a side with the bowling attack they have reaches no.1