• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India is No.1 in World test cricket!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I assume that SA "only" have to beat Eng to regain no. 1

Anyway, likely to chop and change a lot in nexxt few years as none of the teams is all that great at this stage

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
Good on India, they've got some bloody brilliant batting, I don't care if he does it on flat pitches or not, watching the Aussies FAIL to get a bloody century on a flat pitch makes me like Sehwag more.

But when South Africa beat England they'll be number one right?

Flem274*

123/5
Congrats to India. Best top five in world cricket and while the bowling doesnt have a Steyn or Johnson, they're in form and taking wickets.

DingDong

State Captain
well done to india on becoming the greatest cricketing nation on the planet. very happy for the indians fans on cw as well. well done guys ok.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Some credit also has to go to Saurav Ganguly for this, he's the one that started the revival after the 90s.

I never, ever, thought I'd actually see the day. Not ever. I don't care if it lasts 20 minutes.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, love these threads where someone starts it then spends the entire course of it it saying "Nuh uh!" to every dissenting opinion.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
But who is top of the world rankings in T20? I think the BCCI should put more effort into developing T20 cricket so that it takes its rightful place at the pinnacle of the game. :ph34r:

Congrats to India on an impressive demolition of Sri Lanka, and for getting to the top spot.

brockley

International Captain
Congrats india unreservedly,as for my australia they are playing this test like a ranked 4/5th side if not worse.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Congrats india unreservedly,as for my australia they are playing this test like a ranked 4/5th side if not worse.
if I'm not mistaken, they are ranked 4th :ph34r:
Anyway, this feels good. Atleast the ICC didn't give the number one ranking to a team that got walloped 6-0 by the second best one this time.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats guys!!! Hope we can make it last longer and somehow schedule in a few more tests.. Surely, the BCCI can, if they really want to..

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to India. I don't think it'll be the start of any dynasty though. I think S.Africa and Australia are looking safe to get the #1 spot in the next few years. Call it rose-tinted...but I see Australia starting another good reign when our bowling attack have played a few years together.

ret

International Debutant
According to FTP, in 2010 India plays

- 2 tests in BD
- 3 tests against SA in Ind
- 2 tests in Zim
- 3 tests against NZ in Ind
- 3 tests in SA (probably Dec 2010 - Jan 2011)

So that's 13 tests b/w now and the 2011 WC in Feb

turnstyle

State 12th Man
According to FTP, in 2010 India plays

- 2 tests in BD
- 3 tests against SA in Ind
- 2 tests in Zim
- 3 tests against NZ in Ind
- 3 tests in SA (probably Dec 2010 - Jan 2011)

So that's 13 tests b/w now and the 2011 WC in Feb
the 3 test series against SA in India has been rescheduled to just be 5 ODI.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats to India. I don't think it'll be the start of any dynasty though. I think S.Africa and Australia are looking safe to get the #1 spot in the next few years. Call it rose-tinted...but I see Australia starting another good reign when our bowling attack have played a few years together.
It is rose tinted for sure, coz I don't see where you are gonna get wickets in the subcontinent.. Their pace attack has potential but again, it can so easily fall apart as well. Johnson is yet to be consistent and he has been around for quite a while now, hasn't he? How do we expect others will be any better consistency wise?

But the one man I do rate in that pack is Bollinger.. Think the guy can be among the best, tbh.. :wub:

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah unbelievable never thought it will happen. Dhoni's been good as a captain. Feel very happy for Sachin... You can see how last few years have been great for him.. finally having a team who can win few matches.
**** BCCI.. as if changing the 3 test match series against South Africa to ODI's.. ****ing bunch of greedy pigs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats to India, though T20s are obviously all that matter. :ph34r:
With the attack you got now, if the guys can grow a brain and start listening to Younis rather than INzy and AFridi, I think you can well be among the top 4 or 5 as well.. Juz need to find openers and ensure Younis can captain again.. Sorry, juz do not see Yousuf being all that good as captain at all.. :(