• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Yousuf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps it was an emotional outburst and he slipped, but like Xuhaib mentioned, Yousaf has always given the proper reverence to Miandad and Inzi in his interviews. This is specially true in regards to Inzi, whom Yousaf practically idolizes. Anyway, whether he believes it or not, Yousaf is not a better batsman than either of them IMO.
It was an interview he gave after he left for ICL for the second time earlier this year around January..He criticised Mallik and a selector Salahuddin Sallu for sidelining him.
He was not disrespectful to Miandad or Inzy.
He said that he has the best record so far for any Pakistani batsman.
Statistically thats true...he is Pakistan's best batsman..but as most of us know, Miandad and Inzamam are much better players, especially under pressure.

You do realize that those arguments can also be made against Inzamam?
As being a subcontinent player,he got a lot of chance to play on flat wickets and almost always had problems facing the swinging ball,but he has a lot of great innings in bowling friendly conditions but I cannot think of a single hundred from Yousuf in such circumstances.Anyway,neither of them is my favourite player nor do I rate them very highly because of their poor records against the op 2 sides of the era they played in(AUS & SA).

Last edited:
As being a subcontinent player,he got a lot of chance to play on flat wickets and almost always had problems facing the swinging ball,but he has a lot of great innings in bowling friendly conditions but I cannot think of a single hundred from Yousuf in such circumstances.Anyway,neither of them are my favourite player nor do I rate them very highly because of their poor records against the op 2 sides of the era they played in(AUS & SA).
Yousuf's record against South Africa in South Africa is better than Inzamam's. In Australia, they are about even. Yousuf still has a chance to do well in these places mind you. I just don't think Inzamam was ever as consistent as Yousuf is.Yousuf in 2006 or thereabouts was seriously good.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Rarely saw an innings from Mo Yo which saw us through in tough situation..........he crumbles under pressure...no where close to Inzi in that respect........

Last edited:

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Rarely saw an innings from Mo Yo which saw us through in tough situation..........he crumbles under pressure...no where close to Inzi in that respect........
one of the most idiotic posts. but what else would you expect from a punjabi villager like you 8-)

He has saved pakistan's ass many times, specially in ODI matches but also many tests. also what has Inzamam done against Australia or South Africa to put him this high? Yousuf probably has better record against australia and south africa compared to inzamam

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Inzamam's ability to play under pressure is a well known fact, is second only to perhaps Steve Waugh.
There are countless examples of Inzamam saving Pakistan under pressure. Yes I agree that he hasnt played to his potential against Australia and South Africa, but he does have a century and a 90 odd against Australia in trying circumstances, and an unbeaten 96 against South Africa in 06 on a pitch where wickets were tumbling left right and centre.
Yousuf is the ideal case of statistics misleading.
I will give you one example of that.
Yousuf scored a century against India in the Multan test where Sehwag smashed a 300.
Now that century was in the second innings, so many people will rate that highly, but that century was one of the most useless knocks played because by the time he came into bat, Pakistan had already lost the match. Even the commentators including Imran Khan were critical of that knock because their argument was, and rightly so, that he should have scored that in the first innings when Pakistan had a realistic chance of saving the match. In the second innings, his 112 simply delayed the inevitable for a while. But on the stats book, it will count as a century, a second innings one and boost his average and runs.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
one of the most idiotic posts. but what else would you expect from a punjabi villager like you 8-)

He has saved pakistan's ass many times, specially in ODI matches but also many tests. also what has Inzamam done against Australia or South Africa to put him this high? Yousuf probably has better record against australia and south africa compared to inzamam
Never knew that matarwaas had a hard time reading simple english. What can you expect from a urdu speaking bharwaaa!

P.S. Punjabi Villages have produced great cricketers......

Location: In Saeed Anwars bed :laugh: You are doing Anwar now a days..... :laugh:

yeh tto Urdu speaking gashti nikli. :laugh:

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Punjabion se gaand tto jalti hai na...... he can't help it.....

@SaeedAnwar's b.tch

Did a punjabi villager rape you or something?
Your response is just as bad as his post. Why do we have to get into ethnic slurs? And all that for a cricket post?!?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Cut out all this ethnic rubbish being thrown around guys. It's un-called for and unacceptable.

Get back to discussing the topic, or don't bother responding at all.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
As most of the batsmen today, when Yousuf sees a flat trak he cashes in. That is also a ability to reckon with.

Status
Not open for further replies.