• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Yousuf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My top 10 Pakistani batsmen ever would be:

1. Javed Miandad
  2. Saleem Malik
  3. Hanif Mohammad
  4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
  5. Younis Khan
  6. Saeed Anwar
  7. Zaheer Abbas
  8. Mohammad Yousuf
  9. Majid Khan
  10. Shoaib Mohammad
Just my personal opinion:)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He's 4th in terms of runs scored this decade by subcontinental batsmen outside the subcontinent, behind only Dravid, Laxman and Tendulkar, and averages over 50 outside the subcontinent this decade.

Was quite suprised to find that out.

edit: delving into it further, he averaged 69.75 in a series against Walsh and Ambrose in the West Indies, averages 57 in New Zealand and 70 in England, which isn't bad going for a subcontinental batsman. He's got the most runs of any subcontinental batsman in New Zealand this decade, and only Dravid (by 12 runs) has more in England.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he's better than Younis, who's definitely a tad over rated. I don't think anyone over rates Yousuf, except perhaps himself. Read an article the other day about how he was on a talk show and claimed that he was the best Pakistani batsman ever. No modesty on display there.
Yep I have seen that aswell and that pissed me off so much, and soon after that I saw his pathetic batting in the first test in New Zealand where he was all at bay against Bond.

Statistically he probably is the best Pakistani batsman, he will score more runs and centurites than Inzy and Miandad...but as I said, Miandad, and to an extent Inzy scored more runs than Yousuf in unfavourable conditions against strong opponents aswell.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
funny he averages 33 against Australia in Australia, which is not bad:
All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com
See I never said his record his bad against Australia or South Africa

He managed a century against McGrath and Warne in Melbourne in 04, and two half centuries in SA in 06 when he was having the best time of his life.

These are not bad performances..and he is rightly appreciated for them. But you cannot be hailed among the top 3-4 batsmen in the world with above average performances. Look what Sachin did against Australia in 07, look what Dravid did in 03, look at Ponting's record over the last few years. You cant average 33 and expect to be considered an equal of Ponting or Tendulkar.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
See I never said his record his bad against Australia or South Africa

He managed a century against McGrath and Warne in Melbourne in 04, and two half centuries in SA in 06 when he was having the best time of his life.

These are not bad performances..and he is rightly appreciated for them. But you cannot be hailed among the top 3-4 batsmen in the world with above average performances. Look what Sachin did against Australia in 07, look what Dravid did in 03, look at Ponting's record over the last few years. You cant average 33 and expect to be considered an equal of Ponting or Tendulkar.
no i never said he is equal to Tendulkar or Ponting, those guys are legends, but my point he is pakistan's best batsmen of the last decade, unfortunatly many people dont consider him that, i dont know why, despite he has saved pakistan so many times, his consistency has been great over the last 12 years he has played

I mean to put him lower then Younis Khan is actually an insult to him in my opinion, technically he is so much superior to Younis Khan.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan's top batsmen in my opinion

Javed Miandad
Haneef Mohammad
Inzamam ul Haq
Mohammad Yousuf
Saeed Anwar
Zaheer Abbas
Younis Khan
Majid Khan
Salim Malik

I am only rating Yousuf higher than Saeed because Saeed should have scored much more than 4000 runs in test cricket

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think he's better than Younis, who's definitely a tad over rated. I don't think anyone over rates Yousuf, except perhaps himself. Read an article the other day about how he was on a talk show and claimed that he was the best Pakistani batsman ever. No modesty on display there.
Don't know which article you read. whenever I have seen him he keeps repeating the same thing "Javed bhai aur Inzi bhai mujh say buhat zaida achay players thay."

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Don't know which article you read. whenever I have seen him he keeps repeating the same thing "Javed bhai aur Inzi bhai mujh say buhat zaida achay players thay."
My apologies if that wasn't true. I can't recall where I read that, but Black Warrior corroborates it, so could be a case of double speak or emotional outburst on his part.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Perhaps it was an emotional outburst and he slipped, but like Xuhaib mentioned, Yousaf has always given the proper reverence to Miandad and Inzi in his interviews. This is specially true in regards to Inzi, whom Yousaf practically idolizes. Anyway, whether he believes it or not, Yousaf is not a better batsman than either of them IMO.

Perhaps it was an emotional outburst and he slipped, but like Xuhaib mentioned, Yousaf has always given the proper reverence to Miandad and Inzi in his interviews. This is specially true in regards to Inzi, whom Yousaf practically idolizes. Anyway, whether he believes it or not, Yousaf is not a better batsman than either of them IMO.
I would say Yosuf is better than Inzamam.

Based on what? Average?
No. Based on stats, Yousuf would win hands down. I do use stats as a guideline but they aren't the be all and end all of it. The reason why I say he's better is because he has looked more at ease in alien conditions than Inzamam ever did. Not to say Inzamam wasn't good but I rate Saeed Anwar also higher than Inzamam.

Status
Not open for further replies.