• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick a team comprising of your favourite players

Shri

Mr. Glass
Strangely enough, I'm sort of the opposite to that. When I go to Tests (or even when I watch them at home, actually) I do generally hope to see certain players and hope they do well - never to the extent of actually buying tickets on a certain day depending on who's batting or leaving the game early or anything, but I still have it in mind when I go. When I go to watch Australia(New South Wales) play, it's all just about the team for me.

It's probably a result of the fact that I actually have a closer tie to New South Wales from a team results perspective than any particular Test country. That's probably pretty rare in itself.
Fixed.:ph34r:

bagapath

International Captain
My side for Tests only because there is no other form of Cricket just money spinners... And YES I have seen them all play

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Geoff Boycott
3. Don Bradman
4. Neil Harvey
5 Greg Chappell
6. Garry Sobers
7. Keith Miller (K)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Shane Warne
10. Alec Bedser
11. Don Tallon

There are a lot of names left out deserving of selection...ie Ring, Johnston,Engineer,Pollock,etc etc etc etc
never seeen this combination of players ever in any dream team. looks superb. except the openers all the other batsmen are exceptional stroke players. and, except bedser, all bowlers are of the attacking variety. this will make a very exciting, winning, team.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tests:
1. Michael Slater
2. Michael Atherton
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Carl Hooper
5. Andy Flower+
6. Hashan Tillakaratne
7. Chris Cairns
8. Heath Streak
9. Chaminda Vaas
10. Anil Kumble
11. Darren Gough

AaronK

State Regular
ODI

1 Saeed Anwar
2 Adam Gilchrist+
3 Sir Viv Richards
4 Sachin Tendulkar
5 Brain Lara
6 Inzamam ul Haq
7 Wasim Akram
8 Waqar Younis
9 Alan Donald
10 Saqalin Mushtaq*
11 Glen Mcgrath

Reserve Shaun Pollack

I don't think any of your team can beat this side up there..

Test

1 Mathew Hayden
2 Kumara Sangakara+
3 Sir Viv Richards
4 Sachin Tendulkar
5 Brian Lara
6 Steve Waugh
7 Imran Khan*
8 Wasim Akram
9 Curtly Amborse
10 Glen MacGrath
11 Muttiah Muralitharan

12 Shane Warne

Beat that.

JBMAC

State Captain
never seeen this combination of players ever in any dream team. looks superb. except the openers all the other batsmen are exceptional stroke players. and, except bedser, all bowlers are of the attacking variety. this will make a very exciting, winning, team.
The openers may not be flamboyant BUT you are guaranteed a solid start.As for Bedser Benaud rates him as "solid but not spectacular, an ideal change bowler"

iamdavid

International Debutant
1.Marvan Atapattu
2.Herschelle Gibbs
3.Brian Lara
4.VVS Laxman
5.Steve Waugh*
6.Shane Watson
7.Andrew Flintoff
8.Adam Parore+
9.Shane Warne
10.Shoaib Akhtar
11.Curtley Ambrose

12th man: Allan Donald

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't think any of your team can beat this side up there..

Test

1 Mathew Hayden
2 Kumara Sangakara+
3 Sir Viv Richards
4 Sachin Tendulkar
5 Brian Lara
6 Steve Waugh
7 Imran Khan*
8 Wasim Akram
9 Curtly Amborse
10 Glen MacGrath
11 Muttiah Muralitharan

12 Shane Warne

Beat that.
Sangakkara opening in tests = automatic fail. Sanga is a top/middle order bat.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sangakkara opening in tests = automatic fail. Sanga is a top/middle order bat.
Nah, he's a lawyer who was converted into a wicketkeeper who was converted into a top/middle order batsman. So, he'll have to be the team lawyer in any all time team.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Watson
Hayden
Richards
Ponting
Dravid
Waugh S
Gilchrist (Wk)
Flintoff
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
Warne (C)

Although I gotta say some of the players aren't exactly my "favourites" but I didn't particularly have a favourite in their position.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trescothick
Hayden/Sehwag
Sangakarra
Kallis
Tendulkar
Chanderpaul
Flintoff
Pollock
Swann
Mishra