• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top four averaging 50+

R_D

International Debutant
The only session of that series that was bowler friendly was the first session of the first day of the first test.

Yes the IND pacers utilize some conditon circumstances better yea, but that more to do with the fact that Khan can reverse swing the ball. SRI attack was poor without their first choice seam attack & Murali crocked.
So a pitch is rendered bowler friendly when it assists fast bowlers only and other wise it's a flat pitch ?

Baring the first test match pitch which was flat..... the other 2 pitches have provided assistance to bowlers.. they have been far from flat. Pretty good test pitches actually.

Harbhajan got wickets that too against Sri Lankan... who are pretty good players of spin bowling... that says alot.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lol when Murali and Mendis are dominating India its all "oh my God what great bowlers" and then India do well and it doesn't count.

Seriously this forum has taken a nose dive.
Haa nothing is wrong with forum, some people are just a bit too touchy in cricket debates of late i think.

Firsly i dont know how can deny Mendis has been decoded. If he had built on what he did to IND in 2008, why have SRI dropped him for Herath then?. As i said batsmen have clearly learned to play him as a medium pacer & Mendis now has to find something new.

Your own fellow IND reckoned vs IND 08, Murali wasn't himself also in a recent thread.

Sir Alex said:
In 2008 series against India, Murali was not spinning great as he used to. He benefited from some lower order wickets as well thanks to Mendis.
So i guess if you dont think Murali is decline, how would you judge Murali's performances in IND in comparison to Warne now?

Plus what about the fact SRI where missing their first choice pace attack?.

Xuhaib said:
agree totally.

Infact there was no talk of Murali decline 3 months back when he was roasting the Kiwis.

FFS give some due credit guys.
Actually i have being hearing talk that Murali has been in possible decline since Trinidad 2008. Plus he didn't roast NZ if you by the stats, no 5 wicket hauls - Herath was clearly was the superior bowler then.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
So a pitch is rendered bowler friendly when it assists fast bowlers only and other wise it's a flat pitch ?
Generally yes. Since a pitch can turn alot like Adelaide or most subcontinent pitches & still be a road.

Baring the first test match pitch which was flat.....
Flat overall. But as i said it gave assistance to the bowlers on day 1, first session, first test.

the other 2 pitches have provided assistance to bowlers.. they have been far from flat. Pretty good test pitches actually.
Yes. But as i said the SRI bowlers given the spinners where crocked (except Herath) - they where missing their preffered pace trio - had a poor attack incapable of utilizing whatever the mininal bowler friendly conditions. Whether it was the bounce Sreesanth got in the 1st innings of the 2nd test of the reverse swing Khan got on the last day of the 3rd test.

So in essence SRI bowling on that surface with all those deficiences, was a poor attack the IND batsmen where never challenged.

Harbhajan got wickets that too against Sri Lankan... who are pretty good players of spin bowling... that says alot.
He bowled ok. Didn't rip through them or anything. He still seems afraid to flight the ball..