• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virender Sehwag to break world record ?

Virender Sehwag to break World record ?

• Total voters

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sehwag has a chance to get it. However, only one batsman has ever managed 400 in tests. So I think it is unlikely.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sri Lanka are set to take the new ball early in the morning tomorrow. He wont be out there for long just like what happened at Chennai when he hit 319. In Chennai, there was an interview then after end of the day with the same question. He said yes. Didn't do it though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tough ask for him to come out after a full day's play and score 120 more no matter how quick he scored the previous runs. Not backing him but if he does, reckon he'll have to do the bulk of his scoring early before fatigue hits.

pasag

RTDAS
Was wondering what this was about then opened cricinfo...

wtf?! how does he keep making these massive scores, it's insane.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He could feasibly smash the WR and leave plenty of time for India to win, scary

Shri

Mr. Glass
If he scores 16 runs, he breaks a record anyway. 1st batsman in test history to score 3 triple hundreds. 101 more after that and he breaks Lara's record. The way he bats, he could do it before tea tomorrow.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Didn't know that both of Bradman's 300s were scored at the same venue. That makes Sehwag the first batsman to make 300s at two different venues already then. Three, if he makes it tomorrow too.
No batsman has scored more Test runs at Headingley than Don Bradman. I've yet to find another ground (outside grounds like Sophia Gardens in Cardiff that have hosted 1 Test) where the record run scorer is an overseas player.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He's certainly made a telling contribution to the "batsmen don't win Test matches" debate
Yeah, was thinking about this today. Richard will obviously come and say you still have to take 20 wickets but whatever. Sehwag makes as strong a case as possible for batsmen.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I think he has a great shot. In fact, I think he'll comfortably break it and end his innings with a not out.