• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Damian Martyn the Slow

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
all the Australian batsmen are capable of playing 'stable innings' and slogging, but martyn has shown in the past that he very rarely slogs, tough if he bats more oftem like he did on sunday hes fine

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
all the Australian batsmen are capable of playing 'stable innings' and slogging, but martyn has shown in the past that he very rarely slogs, tough if he bats more oftem like he did on sunday hes fine
Ahem, for those of you who think Martyn can't score quickly, his ODI strike-rate is almost 80 which puts him above guys like Dean Jones. Now who would DARE say Jonesy couldn't score quickly, eh?

anzac

International Debutant
Bazza said:
Gilchrist opens in ODIs!
true - I was actually thinking in terms of the Test lineup but the original observation still holds in either form of the game .....

:)

anzac

International Debutant
age_master said:
personally I don't want him to change a thing, with the exception of posting a few more big scores!!!! He gets my vote as the 'unsung hero' / 'quiet achiever' of their batting lineup in both forms of the game!

:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
I say keep Symonds in the side for the time being, and if he isn't consistent enough then greg blewett can play. (as all-rounder)
I think he's past the point of opportunity. If Australia look to bring someone else into the side it should be someone young, like Clarke or Watson.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
clarke can bowl, but not well enough as an allrounder. besides, symonds has seized his opportunity recently.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Blewett would be usles as an Allrounder anless he opens the batting or come's in at number 3 and we know thats not going to happen.

He is to slow to bat in the middle low order his List a Domestic strike rate is only about 65.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Not In my Opinion.

If Watson can recover form his injury and not let it affect his bowling then he is allready a much better option than Blewett.

Watson's not as good a batsman as Blewett but he is still quite good and he can throw the willow much better than Greg.

Other Than that Blewett is just getting to old.

Craig

World Traveller
Martyn has a strike rate in Tests of around 50. I dont see how good he is meant to be (And I have seen every Test since he came back into the Test team).

I think at times last summer he was guality of playing for his average rather then for the team.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Craig said:
Martyn has a strike rate in Tests of around 50. I dont see how good he is meant to be (And I have seen every Test since he came back into the Test team).

I think at times last summer he was guality of playing for his average rather then for the team.
Well he was in rather crapy form last summer yet he still made runs that's usualy the sign of a good batsman.

There is nothing wrong with a strike rate in the mid 50's as a test batsman ether infact thats quite good.

Craig

World Traveller
I would say he was inconsistant. He did make a few fifties, but I have seen him bat better.

Eclipse

International Debutant
So Have I a hell of alot better that's why I said he was in poor form.

He did not look anything like that batsman he was the year before but he still did his job.