Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mohammed Aamer, Umar Akmal and Adrian Barath

Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    As for Braithwaite, I would like to see how he does playing a full season for Barbados in the spring. I hope he does well, and we've heard a lot about him. But I'm loathe to see him pushed into the side too early, like Marshall, before he's hit some big scores consistently for Barbados first.
    Yep that's the sensible approach. I reckon in the current state of West Indies cricket we are pretty desperate for as much batting talent as possible, particularly in the opening position so Gayle can become a devastating test number 5/6. So it is reasonable to say Braithwaite should have scored 1,000 FC runs for Barbados or West Indies A at an average of 40 or more. When he does that it should not matter if he is only 18 or 19 years old, he should be given the nod.

We just do not have the luxury of waiting until the likes of Braithwaite and Creary are at least 22 years old unfortunately.

Banned
    That said, Barath's first-class season with trinidad didn't hurt him....

How many seasons did he bat for Trinidad before his Test debut? Three or four?

Darren Bravo has shown promise, so it will be interesting to see what he does with the bat for Trinidad this season. If Braithwaite tops the batting aggregates and averages this coming spring, then he can't be ignored! However, I've a funny feeling he may take a little more time to find his feet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information