• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Experience Draft

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Billy Murdoch for my next pick. The second best batsman of the 19th Century era, mainly batted at 3 which probably means considering the absolutely diabolical nature of 19th century pitches for batting means that he will be able to open the batting for me if absolutely necessary. Also a very good keeper (Even if the Prince of Keepers mainly did the job at test level) which will give me flexibility later on in the draft with regards to picking keeper-batsman.

Charter 77 So Far

Billy Murdoch
Jack Cowie

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Draft Order for Round 3 (Reverses for Round 4)

metallics2006
The Sean
marc 71178
Noble One
Agent TBY
Marcuss
fredfertang
Pothas
Blakus
Michaelf7777777

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kumar Duleepsinhji

Guy has a tournament named after him in the Indian domestic setup. Played for England. Had a great first class career. Most importantly though, he has a wisden obituary!

3. Kumar Duleepsinhji
5. Tip Foster

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm torn between two great, great bowlers for this one - but will go with Charlie Turner.

101 wickets at 16.53 from just 17 Tests, every one of them against England and so without the opportunity to cash in against the walking wickets that comprised the South African Test side of those days.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was tempted by Turner myself so I could have the same Ferris and Turner combo that routed England for 45ao.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Fanie de Villiers

One of the top pace bowlers of the 90's. Keeping with the South African theme of my side.

Agent TBY

International Captain
So is that the start of the next round now?
Yup.

Code:
[B]Round 1:[/B]

Noble One - Barry Richards
The Sean - Mike Proctor
metallics2006 - Tip Foster
Michaelf7777777 - Jack Cowie
Marcuss - JJ Ferris
fredfertang - Archie Jackson
marc 71178 - Stewie Dempster
Pothas - Jack Iverson
Agent TBY - Vijay Merchant
Blakus - Martin Donnelly

[B]Round 2:[/B]

Blakus - Fredrick Spofforth
Agent TBY - Shane Bond
Pothas - Frank Tyson
marc71178 - George Lohmann
fredfertang - Ted McDonald
Marcuss - Sid Barnes
Michaelf7777777 - Billy Murdoch
metallics2006 - Kumar Duleepsinhji
The Sean - Charlie Turner
Noble One - Fanie de Villiers

[B]Round 3:[/B]

metallics2006
The Sean
marc 71178
Noble One
Agent TBY
Marcuss
fredfertang
Pothas
Blakus
Michaelf7777777

Shri

Mr. Glass
George Headley, the West Indian batsman for my next pick. Also known back in time as the black Bradman.

3. Kumar Duleepsinhji
4. George Headley
5. Tip Foster

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmm, pretty spoilt for choice in the 21-30 section but I can't go past the good doctor:

WG Grace

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Was hoping to get this bloke but when I was 3rd on the list thought I had no hope whatsoever:

Graeme Pollock

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon there are five absolute all-time greats that could have come out in any order for this round, the blokes fourth and fifth are going to get picks as good as if they'd gone first really.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Cannot go past Bill 'Tiger' O'Reilly.

Arguably the best leg-spinner Australia has ever produced, also very nice to lock away a key bowling position early on in the draft. Decent crop of cricketers this round, plenty of quality on offer for others.

Lineup thus far:

3 B Richards
9 F de Villiers
10 B O'Reilly