• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Experience Draft

Agent TBY

International Captain
Right, so the decision's been made.

I was really, really tempted to have the most destructive pace attack ever, but I've chosen with my head and not my heart here. My attack is going to be good enough anyway, so this player gives my team more balance with his batting, and most importantly, gives me someone who knows how to bowl in the subcontinent. That is vital, looking at my position in Round 11.

So I pick Imran Khan. Not sure if having him and Abbas in the same side is a good idea, but meh.

1) Merchant
2)
3) Abbas
4) Weekes
5) Worrell
6) Imran Khan
7) Dhoni (+)
8)
9) Lillee
10) Barnes
11) Bond

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't carry this around in my head any longer so

1. Jack Hobbs
2. Hanif Mohammad
3. Archie Jackson
4. Stan McCabe
6. Adam Gilchrist
7. Andrew Flintoff
9. Harold Larwood
10. Jim Laker
11. Ted MacDonald

Jarquis

I was so so so tempted to pick Khan, just going into the final 2 rounds needing an opener and somebody to bat at first drop isn't wise at all. Hammond offers a decent enough bowling option, according to Bradman anyway.

Pothas

Surely its best to get early picks in the weaker rounds?

And the last round is indeed a goldmine. I've actually based my selection strategy around getting a batsman in that round since there's 10 genuine greats and I'm certain to get one.
Yeah generally that is true but it does mean missing out on one of the very very greatest.

I will also be getting a batsman, got my bowlers picked early.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
It's been more than 12 hours since Fredfertang made his pick so I'm up.

A difficult choice this, but I feel the need for some more express pace in my side, so I'm taking Malcolm Marshall.

With two picks to go I have:

1.Herbert Sutcliffe

3.Denis Compton

5.Martin Donnely
6.Andy Flower
7.Aubrey Faulkner
8.Malcolm Marshall
9.Andy Roberts
10.Frederick Spofforth
11.Dale Steyn.

One of the meanest and most cunning pace attacks you'll ever come across

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Time for a wicketkeeper, some really good options available this round. Went with a brilliant wicketkeeper, and someone who will add extra depth to the batting in Jeff Dujon.

1. V Trumper
2. B Woodfull
3. B Richards
5. M Crowe
7. J Dujon WK
8. R Lindwall
9. M Holding
10. F de Villiers
11. B O'Reilly

fredfertang

I don't think NUFAN should be limited to the choices Marc has already made and should have the option to substitute anyone else who's available if he so wishes

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
I'm going to take over from Marc if that's okay? What rounds has he missed?
Rounds 61-70, 71-80 and 81-100

his Current team reads:
Stewie Dempster
Graeme Pollock
Charles Macartney
Alan Davidson
George Lohman

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I don't think NUFAN should be limited to the choices Marc has already made and should have the option to substitute anyone else who's available if he so wishes
Agree. I'm sure nobody would object to this.

Draft shaping up nicely now, be interested who gets team selection completely wrong and misses out on a keeper, or an opening bat, or no spin bowler.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I will not make any changes from the first 6 rounds because I'm sure marc has picked someone (for instance Alan Davidson) who I'm sure someone else would have selected.

NUFarc
1 Stewie Dempster
3 Charles Macartney
4 Graeme Pollock
5 Kevin Pietersen
6 Doug Walters
8 Alan Davidson
9 Curtly Ambrose
10 George Lohmann
11 Bishen Bedi

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Agree. I'm sure nobody would object to this.

Draft shaping up nicely now, be interested who gets team selection completely wrong and misses out on a keeper, or an opening bat, or no spin bowler.
I think I'm completly fine with the spinners and openners and Murdoch was a perfectly competent keeper (Indeed a very good one who got few test opportunitities behind the stumps due to Blackham)

Last edited: