• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your side in 2013?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IYO, what would your national side look like in 3 years time?

Australia, FTR...
1. Hughes
2. Watson (I'd go Jaques but I dunno where to put him)
3. Ponting
4. Katich
5. Clarke
6. Ferguson
7. Steve Smith/Hauritz (move down to 9 if Hauritz)
8. Haddin (or some other keeper)
9. Johnson
10. Siddle
11. Bollinger/Hilfenhaus/McKay/other seamer

Things can change though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Phil Hughes
2 Ryan Broad
3 Ricky Ponting
4 Michael Clarke
5 George Bailey
6 Tim Paine+
7 Moises Henriques
8 Jason Krejza
9 Clint McKay
10 Peter Siddle
11 Peter George

12 Ben Cutting

Edit: Oops, I forgot Clint McKay.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
My guess would be:

1. Martin Guptill
2. Josh Brodie
3. Jeet Raval
4. Ross Taylor
5. Jesse Ryder
6. Kane Williamson
7. Brendon McCullum
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Tim Southee
10. Neil Wagner
11. Trent Boult

Thats a guess.

Howsie

International Captain
1.Martin Guptill
2.Josh Brodie
3.Kane Williamson
4.Ross Taylor
5.Jesse Ryder
6.Corey Anderson
7.Brendon McCullum
8.Daniel Vettori
9.Tim Southee
10.Trent Boult
11.Mitchell McCleanghan

Probably to many left-armers though.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
TM Dilshan RH, OB
NT Paranavithana LH, OB
KC Sangakkara (c) LH
DPMD Jayawardane RH
T Kandamby LH, LBG
AD Mathews RH, RFM
JK Silva (wk) RH
D Prasad RH, RFM / RF
HMRKB Herath LH, SLA
MTT Mirando LH, LFM / LF
L Malinga RH, RF

Reserve
BAW Mendis RH, OB
KMDN Kulasekara RH, RFM
CK Kapugedara RH, RMF

The team not to hange much in net 3 years. Samaraweera may play 2-3 more seasons and then retire. Kandamby and Kapugedara are the contenders there. Dilshan has 4-5 seasons left, so is Sangakkara and Jayawardane. JK Silva will replae Prasanna Jayawardane if he fails to score, and since there's no Murali, keeping will be easier. Fast attack will not change much, Thushara, Malinga and Prasad holds the key. They are the quikest SL have at the moment. Kulasekara may come in o injury or on lively pitches, and Mendis on spinning pitches

Cruxdude

International Debutant
India

Murali Vijay
Gautam Gambhir
Cheteshwar Pujara
Sachin Tendulkar (25 years in test cricket approaching)
Virender Sehwag
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Harbhajan Singh / Pragyan Ojha
Amit Mishra
Ishant Sharma
Sreesanth

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
Hughes
Jaques
Clarke
Ponting
Watson
Freguson/Marsh/Baily/Khawaja/Katich
Paine
Krejza
Johnson/Bollinger
Siddle
George/Bollinger/Mckay eh

No idea

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
My guess would be:

1. Martin Guptill
2. Josh Brodie
3. Jeet Raval
4. Ross Taylor
5. Jesse Ryder
6. Kane Williamson
7. Brendon McCullum
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Tim Southee
10. Neil Wagner
11. Trent Boult

Thats a guess.
Both you and Howsie posted teams with a lot of really young players. TBH I'm sick of NZ constantly fielding teams full of players with potential who might come good. Perhaps we'll be lucky and one or two of those guys named will jump into test cricket and immediately be at home, but otherwise if they're there it's probably because others have failed and so they've been thrown in the deep end early.

In three years time any of Elliott, Fulton, Franklin or Tuffey could still be around if they grab their chances, not to mention the slightly younger Flynn & Broom. Some seniority in the team would be a big boost. Tuffey and Arnel especially will be 34 ish and I'd hope at least one of them would be going strong to lead the bowling attack. Otherwise Southee at age 23 will be our most senior fast bowler :huh:.

Still, if all of Vettori, McCullum, Ryder, Taylor and Guptill are still around and performing in three years time then we'll be doing better than we are now.

Flem274*

123/5
Both you and Howsie posted teams with a lot of really young players. TBH I'm sick of NZ constantly fielding teams full of players with potential who might come good. Perhaps we'll be lucky and one or two of those guys named will jump into test cricket and immediately be at home, but otherwise if they're there it's probably because others have failed and so they've been thrown in the deep end early.

In three years time any of Elliott, Fulton, Franklin or Tuffey could still be around if they grab their chances, not to mention the slightly younger Flynn & Broom. Some seniority in the team would be a big boost. Tuffey and Arnel especially will be 34 ish and I'd hope at least one of them would be going strong to lead the bowling attack. Otherwise Southee at age 23 will be our most senior fast bowler :huh:.

Still, if all of Vettori, McCullum, Ryder, Taylor and Guptill are still around and performing in three years time then we'll be doing better than we are now.
I didn't say they'd be any good..

Also I got Tuffey and Arnel's age wrong, woops. 2013 is closer than I thought, though we're all going to die 2012 anyway.

Fulton, Broom, Elliott, Flynn are all big ifs just like Brodie and Raval. They may have been cast aside for good by then.

I have serious doubts over Franklin. He doesn't seem to care about his bowling, when he bowls he's injury prone and his batting is very unproven at test level (short balls make him very uncomfortable).

I said my team was a guess, because I honestly can't say who will be there in 2013 because there are so many ifs.

Flem274*

123/5
My guess would be:

1. Martin Guptill
2. Josh Brodie
3. Jeet Raval
4. Ross Taylor
5. Jesse Ryder
6. Kane Williamson
7. Brendon McCullum
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Tim Southee
10. Neil Wagner
11. Trent Boult

Thats a guess.
On further thought and realising Johan Myburgh exists I'll make a second guess:

Martin Guptill
Josh Brodie
Johan Myburgh
Ross Taylor
Jesse Ryder
Kane Williamson
Brendon McCullum
Daniel Vettori

Tim Southee
Daryl Tuffey
Trent Boult

Bolded players are the only ones I'm really confident will be there. The others I vary from confident to errr..

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't say they'd be any good..
Very true :happy: History does repeat after all and it's not a big stretch to think we'll be experimenting in a few spots in three years time, just like we are now.

Also I got Tuffey and Arnel's age wrong, woops. 2013 is closer than I thought, though we're all going to die 2012 anyway.

Fulton, Broom, Elliott, Flynn are all big ifs just like Brodie and Raval. They may have been cast aside for good by then.

I have serious doubts over Franklin. He doesn't seem to care about his bowling, when he bowls he's injury prone and his batting is very unproven at test level (short balls make him very uncomfortable).

I said my team was a guess, because I honestly can't say who will be there in 2013 because there are so many ifs.
You're right that there are big doubts atm over all the older players mentioned (apart from perhaps Tuffey) - I just hope if we throw all of them at the team then one or two will stick. This obviously applies to the younger guys too - I'm just biased and think the experience of a few players in their early thirties would be invaluable. It is probably more a wishlist than it is about what is really likely to happen.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Phil Hughes
Shaun Marsh
Ricky Ponting/Callum Ferguson
Michael Clarke
George Bailey
Shane Watson
Tim Paine
Mitchell Johnson
Steve Smith
Peter Siddle
Josh Hazelwood

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Why 2013? :laugh:

Tests:
CJ Merchant (:ph34r:)
MJ Guptill
JG Myburgh
LRPL Taylor
JD Ryder
NT Broom (no idea really)
+ BB McCullum
* DL Vettori
DR Tuffey
TG Southee
BJ Arnel

Limited overs:
JD Ryder
+ BB McCullum
MJ Guptill
LRPL Taylor
GD Elliott
SL Stewart
C de Grandhomme
* DL Vettori
KD Mills
DR Tuffey
TG Southee

There's loads of other bowlers to consider like Boult, McClenaghan and Wagner, 2013 could possibly be the year they debut with Arnel and Tuffey reaching 35.
We'll have probably rotated a few more test openers through the turnstile, by this time we might have Brodie or possibly Cam Merchant :laugh:
Myburgh will likely be fast-tracked into the no. 3 possie as soon as he qualifies.
Hard to guess the no. 6 for Tests.

And if Oram is fit and bowling well, even though he'd be pushing old age, I'd keep him around the limited overs squad.

Last edited: