• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your side in 2013?

Flem274*

123/5
clearly because your threads are excellent morgie

you start threads that allow us to be really wrong several years down the track. they're destined for a good bump.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Both you and Howsie posted teams with a lot of really young players. TBH I'm sick of NZ constantly fielding teams full of players with potential who might come good. Perhaps we'll be lucky and one or two of those guys named will jump into test cricket and immediately be at home, but otherwise if they're there it's probably because others have failed and so they've been thrown in the deep end early.

In three years time any of Elliott, Fulton, Franklin or Tuffey could still be around if they grab their chances, not to mention the slightly younger Flynn & Broom. Some seniority in the team would be a big boost. Tuffey and Arnel especially will be 34 ish and I'd hope at least one of them would be going strong to lead the bowling attack. Otherwise Southee at age 23 will be our most senior fast bowler :huh:.

Still, if all of Vettori, McCullum, Ryder, Taylor and Guptill are still around and performing in three years time then we'll be doing better than we are now.
Ouch. Though, tbf, I probably would've agreed with this line of thinking at the time.

cnerd123

likes this
Onions at 31 will definately be around the squad in 2013, whether he will be consistent test quality by then is the problem.

I really worry about Cook also. His test match game isn't going to the next level. He probably will also be around then, but damn he needs to do something..
I found this funny.