• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test cricket shouldn't be so easy for batsmen

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Watching the Ind/Sri series is really making me sick, runs should be valuable and cherished. After finishing the first day of a test match, the batting team shouldn't be looking at a first innings total of 600 plus runs because the day ended with the team on 417-2. The first three batsmen in a batting line-up shouldn't all score centuries. There is something I really love about boycott expressing how he felt when getting to 50 against a West Indies bowling attack, he really appreciate those runs 20 plus years later because he was actually doing something to get them - proving himself as a good batsman. Runs shouldn't be taken for granted like this, Tendulkar isn't even pass 30 runs at the moment and it wouldn't surprise me if he made a century too and as a spectator thats not good. We should be on the edge for our favourite players at all times. Killing test cricket.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I don't think you'll find too many people disagreeing with you.

I love the games where a score of 250-300 is a par TEAM score. Sadly it hardly ever happens anymore.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If England or Australia went away for the Ashes, fielded first and saw the opposition rack up 400/2 on day 1, we'd be almost universal in condemning the poor standard of bowling on show.

Fair enough, I only watched the morning session, but Herath and Mendis were utterly dreadful.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
And that's lunch. India's session yet again, but the best one Sri Lanka have had in this Test
If this isn't a joke then I don't know what is. Almost 550 at lunch on the second day of a test match.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Eh? Its hardly India specific.

And comparing this innings to those matches where the 500+ score lost is a bit odd considering India are probably on track to get 800.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well one can also argue that current run rate is largely due to Sehwag's batting

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Eh? Its hardly India specific.

And comparing this innings to those matches where the 500+ score lost is a bit odd considering India are probably on track to get 800.
What is wrong with good batting? The only reason we have time enough to make 800 is because runs are being scored so fast...

I looked at your stats.

This is how often teams pass 600 runs

40 tests for England and have not passed 600 once

Australia pass 600 runs every 14 tests
South Africa pass 600 every 11 tests

India pass 600 runs every 4 tests.

Matt79

Global Moderator
lol at Sanz's ability to turn a generalised complaint which cites a match involving India as a current example, into a conspiracy against India.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Na India have great batsman. When 7 wickets fall for **** all its a fail.
7 batsmen fell for 200 runs, All in all 9 wickets fell on Day 2 and less than 300 runs were scored.

kinda disaproves the accusation that pitch is a road.

Athlai

Not Terrible
7 batsmen fell for 200 runs, All in all 9 wickets fell on Day 2 and less than 300 runs were scored.

kinda disaproves the accusation that pitch is a road.
The bottom 5 scored how many runs exactly? What about the top 6?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
lol at Sanz's ability to turn a generalised complaint which cites a match involving India as a current example, into a conspiracy against India.
When the complaint comes only when the matches are played in India/(and in Pakistan), it has to be said. 9 wickets fell for <300 runs, why are people comlaining that it is a featherbed ?