• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Real Life Forum XI

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Already in the cric fire team.

But srsly, if the insane asylum had a team playing in a first class competition FRAZ may have played a game.

Daemon

What level do you play anyways? And could someone be kind enough to help explain to me the australian domestic structure from grassroots to the grade just below FC?

archie mac

International Coach
What level do you play anyways? And could someone be kind enough to help explain to me the australian domestic structure from grassroots to the grade just below FC?
Most FC players are chosen from the capital of each states (Melb. Sydney etc) first grade competition. Althogh sometimes players have been selected from other first grade comps - Newcastle for instance but that is pretty rare.

So first grade from the capitals of each state (except Tasi, which has two main cities). Most of these comps have up to 6-7 grades. Then there are lots of other levels of cricket played in each of the captials but none of those players would be considered for first grade (their can always be exceptions). Most towns have at least one team and often quality players from the 'bush' go to the 'big smoke' (capital cities) to test their skills and see if they can make the top grade and then hope to jump to FC cricket.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Davis & McClenghan have played FC cricket for NZ.
Neesham & McNamara have played U/19's for their country.
<B>Singh has a good cricketing pedigree (but never played FC cricket).</B)
Taylor played against Phil Hughes and plays second grade in Sydney. :p
That's about right. I played senior division league in Delhi from 1964 to 1985 when I left Delhi since I got a senior management position in Mumbai. That was the end of my cricket :-(

Senior division league is like grade cricket in Australia. It is from here that players moved to the FC level in those days. So one played against all the Delhi Ranji trophy cricketers and those of at least one generation earlier. All the Test cricketers from Northern India also played for one club or the other so one got to play against the likes of Bedi, the Amarnath brothers, Mani der Singh, Arun Lal, Manoj Prabhakar, Raman Lamba etc and older cricketers like Vijay Mehra, Ramesh Saxena. Then in the major tournaments there would be teams from other part of the country so one got to play at times against FC cricketers from other states as well.

MAninder and Kirti a ad were my juniors in my club :-)

Daemon

Most FC players are chosen from the capital of each states (Melb. Sydney etc) first grade competition. Althogh sometimes players have been selected from other first grade comps - Newcastle for instance but that is pretty rare.

So first grade from the capitals of each state (except Tasi, which has two main cities). Most of these comps have up to 6-7 grades. Then there are lots of other levels of cricket played in each of the captials but none of those players would be considered for first grade (their can always be exceptions). Most towns have at least one team and often quality players from the 'bush' go to the 'big smoke' (capital cities) to test their skills and see if they can make the top grade and then hope to jump to FC cricket.
Cheers :)