• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW 50 - CricketWeb's view of the top 50 cricketers of all time

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Hmm, 25 was the one I thought of immediately as soon as I saw your post. 20 a little less so, but perhaps on consideration. Probably been a bit too generous to him/her in hindsight...

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Not at all. If you think that Chris Tavare is worth that spot then you be proud of picking him.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
And we've cracked three figures - 102 different cricketers now nominated for at least one vote.

bagapath

International Captain
The Sean! has SJS sent his list?

and how many guys are you expecting to contribute?

Considering around 60 people vote for seriously popular polls I would say you can expect 40+ forum members to make this list and mail you. What is your target?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sent. I kinda CBF giving heaps of thought to the order, but I'm happy enough with the list.

Edit: Looks like I had two players not on the list posted earlier.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nice list, although there are better players out there who haven't been included over some. IMO of course.

Which Richardson is it? Richie or Victor?

I don't think I'll be the only nomination on any of my picks now..

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The Sean! has SJS sent his list?

and how many guys are you expecting to contribute?

Considering around 60 people vote for seriously popular polls I would say you can expect 40+ forum members to make this list and mail you. What is your target?
Nothing from SJS yet, but I am hoping he contributes. I don't really have a target - we've had upwards of 30 people send in their lists so far and I know there are several more who are still formulating their lists so I'm thinking we'll get to between 35-40. Any more than that would obviously be fantastic.