• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 90s and 00s banlisted draft thread

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
What did we decide on in the end for a time limit per selection - 12 or 24 hours? I'm happy to go either way with whatever the majority wants.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Draft Summary:

Code:
Round 1:

1. Matt79           Andy Flower
2. metallics2006    MS Dhoni
3. Stephen          Courtney Walsh
4. Somerset         Waqar Younis
5. bunny            Ian Bishop
6. Marc71178        Jason Gillespie
7. BoyBrumby
8. GingerFurball 
9. Blakus
10. NUFAN

Round 2:

1. NUFAN
2. Blakus
3. GingerFurball 
4. BoyBrumby
5. Marc71178
6. bunny
7. Somerset
8. Stephen
9. metallics2006
10. Matt79

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sorry, chaps. :shy:

Penis (and a wart encrusted one at that) he may be, but he's also a fine bowler: Shoaib Ahktar.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Draft Summary:

Code:
Round 1:

7. BoyBrumby        Shoaib Akhtar
8. GingerFurball    Chris Cairns
9. Blakus
10. NUFAN

Round 2:

1. NUFAN
2. Blakus
3. GingerFurball 
4. BoyBrumby
5. Marc71178
6. bunny
7. Somerset
8. Stephen
9. metallics2006
10. Matt79

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Blakus just letting ya know it is your turn.

Hopefully when you post I'm around so I can quickly pick my two and make it your turn again.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Am going to go for Sir RJ Hadlee. Only played 7 tests during the 90's but 35 wickets at an average of 23 and a strike rate of 48 is good enough for me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've ended up picking the most devastating batsman who isn't banned, this man has produced some absolutely stunning performances up the top of the order. He's also a under bowled off spinner. My first choice is Virender Sehwag.

My second pick will be in the next few minutes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The fast bowler I've gone for is probably going to be the least experienced player I select throughout this draft.

He's injury prone but when he's on the field he's a match winner, just ask Richard.

Bond, Shane Bond.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Good Picks both Nufan. Am going to pick someone in the same boat as Hadlee.
Malcolm Marshall only played 15 matches but was good enough to take 50 wickets at 23. With him And Hadlee i have the basis of a fantastic attack.
I' don't particularly care that they didn't play much in the 90's as a champion is always a champion.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
Round 1:

7. BoyBrumby        Shoaib Akhtar
8. GingerFurball    Chris Cairns
9. Blakus           Richard Hadlee
10. NUFAN           Virender Sehwag

Round 2:

1. NUFAN            Shane Bond
2. Blakus           Malcolm Marshall
3. GingerFurball 
4. BoyBrumby
5. Marc71178
6. bunny
7. Somerset
8. Stephen
9. metallics2006
10. Matt79

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cheers Blakus, I looked at Marshall who is easily the best bowler overall, but with him not even getting one five-for in the 1990s, I just figured he wasn't quite as dominant as Bond (from 1990 and onwards), despite only playing 3 matches less.

stephen

Cheers Blakus, I looked at Marshall who is easily the best bowler overall, but with him not even getting one five-for in the 1990s, I just figured he wasn't quite as dominant as Bond (from 1990 and onwards), despite only playing 3 matches less.
Marshall's wpm in the 90s was only 3.3, which is good, but not Great. Still, he'd be a handy bowler to have.

Still, pick too many more "just made the 90s" players Blakus and we'll be calling your team "dad's army" :p

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I did think about that. He certainly wasn't as great as he was in the 80's

But honestly the thought of Hadlee an Marshall paired up together just proved to irresistible.

And to stephen. Don't mind that nickname. I'm sure a team called "dads army" won an ashes a few years back quite convincingly:happy:.

Last edited:

stephen

Yeah I did think about that. He certainly wasn't as great as he was in the 80's

But honestly the thought of Hadlee an Marshall paired up together just proved to irresistible.
Even if they were both on the wrong side of 32 they would have been a fearsome combination.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The agony of choice, eh? So many ways I could go, but hard to ignore a bloke with more than 9000 test runs @ better than 54:

Mahela Jayawardene