• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 90s and 00s banlisted draft thread

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The order for round 1 is:

1. Matt79
2. metallics2006
3. Stephen
4. Somerset
5. bunny
6. Marc71178
7. BoyBrumby
8. GingerFurball
9. Blakus
10. NUFAN

Round 2:

1. NUFAN
2. Blakus
3. GingerFurball
4. BoyBrumby
5. Marc71178
6. bunny
7. Somerset
8. Stephen
9. metallics2006
10. Matt79

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is the order going to be the same for the whole comp? Does each pick have 24 or 12 hours?

stephen

Is the order going to be the same for the whole comp? Does each pick have 24 or 12 hours?
a) no I will be randomly generating the order in rounds 1,3,5,7,10 and reversing them in 2,4,6,8,11 and round 9 will be random with no "counterbalance" round.
b) 24h - though hopefully it'll be much faster than that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why round 9 if you don't mind me asking? Wouldn't round 11 be the fairest to have a randomized order as everyone has already had their best picks?

stephen

Why round 9 if you don't mind me asking? Wouldn't round 11 be the fairest to have a randomized order as everyone has already had their best picks?
Round 9 because it is the last of the "regular" rounds. It should have the least impact on each team because it is effectively the last pick.

Round 10 and 11 are very very important rounds and so to keep it as fair as possible keeping those two as "mirror" rounds is the way to go.

Just a reminder - the rules state that in round 10 each player MUST pick someone from the nominated "team of the 90s" and in round 11 each player MUST pick someone from the nominated "team of the 00s". See my original post to find out what those teams were.

stephen

Whoops sorry missed that bit about the team from the 90s/00s.

Very good idea for a draft.

It's really a variation on a draft I was a part of earlier this year, with a number of other things thrown in.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If you don't mind me asking, what is the game format for which we are supposed to pick players? Tests or ODIs?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can't believe I get to take the new cherry. Am going to **** it up for sure - every other draft I've been right at the end of the first round after all the obvious guys have gone.

I'll say Andy Flower

Shri

Mr. Glass
Need to get a keeper first up when the decent ones are still available, so:

MS Dhoni

6. MS Dhoni

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would have put big money on Andy Flower being the first picked or at worst second pick. Picking Flower gives the team extra depth.

stephen

Courtney Walsh

11. Walsh

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe I get to take the new cherry. Am going to **** it up for sure - every other draft I've been right at the end of the first round after all the obvious guys have gone.

I'll say Andy Flower
NO, anyone but Flower! :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Since Walsh has gone, I'll go for the other under-rated 2nd man of the period - Jason Gillespie.