• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SJS - Thanks so much

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hi All,

Juz wanted to start a thread in here reg. SJS and acknowledge his kindness to myself.

A few months ago, I was posting on the Sobers thread here and he had asked me if I had read many cricket books. But apart from pretty recent ones which are not stupdily priced, Ihaven't and told him the fact. He took the time from his busy schedule and sent me a big pack of books including Steve Waugh's autobiography. The collective worth should well be at least 20 to 30 thousand rupees...

I had finished most of them only this weekend due to work and personal issues and I am sure I have gained invaluable knowledge on the game we all love so much... It is indeed wonderful to have read first hand match reports and accounts of the games from the 40s, 50s and so on and to appreciate the talents of men like Keith Miller and Gary Sobers not to mention the great Sir Don Bradman...

SJS, I have always regarded knowing you, even at the cyber level, as the best thing I have gained from CW and I wish the Lord grants you and your family all the success, happiness, health and tranquility that you deserve. May you continue to enrich our knowledge by posting here more regularly... God bless, Sir.. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow, what a great gesture. Really lovely thing to do. Fair play to SJS & also to hb for his genuine gratitude.

Warms the old ****les, this. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Awww. This is awkward HB.

I am glad you enjoyed the books and no they did not cost me all that much :)
It is not the worth, sir.. It is the fact that you have helped me enlighten myself on the sport we love so much through your kindness... It afforded me the opportunity to read books I would have never had the chance to, othewise.. :) Hope you are doing fine and your family are all hale and healthy. :)

Bouncer

State Regular
SJS Jee,

Mujh kou Bhee toou Lift Kara Dey
Thouri See toou Lift Karaa Dey

Aisey Aisoun Kou Diya hey
Jaisey Waysoun Kou DIa Hey.......:)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would like to offer similar thanks to archie_mac. He suggested me some really great cricket books which I bought from England. You are an absolute champ.