• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ A players accidentally cause riot

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha, that's amazing. Love the handing out of money bit. Probably smashed at the time, but that's fantastic.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, that's awesome. If they were going t get into grief for curfew they wasted the opportunity though. Lots of hilarity you can get up to in India after dark.

SpeedStar

Cricket Spectator
Haha, brilliant, I wonder if they were high? i've heard from friends handing out money
to Indians in slummy streets and causing a riot is quite trippy, maybe doing what Fleming and Hart did
Back in the 90's...

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
sad state of affairs that some of our areas are still this bad, tbh..

And honestly, while I do see the funny side of it, it is actually physically risky to be out in the streets doing stuff like that... You never know what some of the drunk guys there can do..

Shri

Mr. Glass
sad state of affairs that some of our areas are still this bad, tbh..

And honestly, while I do see the funny side of it, it is actually physically risky to be out in the streets doing stuff like that... You never know what some of the drunk guys there can do..
Where do you live in Chennai HB?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Well, the newspapers here claim that they were drunk and handing out notes to random passerbys. That is just plain stupid and condescending, hardly an 'act of benevolence'. A confession loses all meaning when you fudge the facts and make up lesser excuses.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
well, the newspapers here claim that they were drunk and handing out notes to random passerbys. That is just plain stupid and condescending, hardly an 'act of benevolence'. A confession loses all meaning when you fudge the facts and make up lesser excuses.
awta.

Polo23

International Debutant
Well, the newspapers here claim that they were drunk and handing out notes to random passerbys. That is just plain stupid and condescending, hardly an 'act of benevolence'. A confession loses all meaning when you fudge the facts and make up lesser excuses.
I'd be pretty stoked if I walked down the street and some guy was handing out cash in my direction.

chicane

State Captain
It's stupid, asking for serious trouble, and the worst form of pity. Perfect ingredients for teh lulz however, indeed.