• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gavin Hamilton

Andre

International Regular
Just wondering about him - have looked at scorecards this season and he hasn't bowled, only played as a batsman.

did he give up with the ball following his case of the yips? It would be great if someone could let me know, as I remember her was a talented all-round cricketer (despite his horror Test match).

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure about his bowling, I remember last year or something he went for 18 in his only over...

He's a decent batsman though, I hope he can string it all together in the future, we need him! The only all-rounder of decent age and ability we have.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Terrible thing, the 'yips'.

I've even seen it in tenpin bowling (and believe you me, a 15lb ball flying up in the opposite direction to the lane is not a pretty sight).

Fred Swarbrook was a more than useful left-arm spinner for Derbyshire in the 70's - I seem to recall him taking a nine-for-hardly-any.

He got the yips - a year later he was in league cricket - and not bowling much in that either.

Craig

World Traveller
He must be one of the people (or only) to play Test cricket for England and ODI cricket for another country.

masterblaster

International Captain
'The Yips'?

Is that like a mental illness or condition where one forgets how to do the things they were really good at?

Or is it just a lack of confidence and a genuine lack of self belief combining with a mental block?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gavin Hamilton is a good allrounder though. I saw him bowl for Yorkshire in 2001 and he was exceptional (while Scotland were busting their butts trying to qualify for the World Cup). He's also a very useful batsman. It's a pity about his Test debut...

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is either a troll account or a time traveller from the year 2000
Reminds me of my elder son - many of his sentences are prefaced by the words "Any chance for/of/to ............"

.... actually come to think of it the younger son is much the same

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any chance both your sons are using the same User Account on CW?
One of them does have an account but he seldom uses it - it can't be them though because I've been a bit of a failure in the parenting stakes as neither of them has the slightest interest in cricket and certainly wouldn't be able to pluck out of the air any of the names that slippy throws at us