cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: New Zealand Cricket fans/viewers

Cricket Spectator

ATTN: New Zealand Cricket fans/viewers

I have been Asking the CEO of Sky TV John Fellet if we could get more Cricket on Sky in New Zealand. In particular the Australian domestic 20/20 and the domestic 50 over competition.

Mr. Fellet said if he gets enough subscribers asking then he will get it for the New Zealand viewers.

If you would like to see the Australian domestic series or other Cricket on Sky please email Mr. Fellet at jfellet "at" skytv.co.nz

Thanks.

U19 12th Man
    watching the Aussie domestic cricket over here would be great, but I'd rather we got some damn coverage of our own FC and domestic 50 over games tbh. The 20/20 rubbish just isn't enough.
    Would also be great if Sky showed the England in SA series too. For what I fork out a month for the HD coverage I don't think it's asking too much.
    Last edited by SilentOne; 18-11-2009 at 11:26 PM.

I've sent an email.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Would be more beneficial to get more New Zealand domestic cricket televised before looking at Australian competitions IMO...

With digital tv, freeview etc increasing the number of available channels and bringing down costs I can't see any reason why a lot more domestic cricket could not be shown on tv in the future. All it needs is a couple of cameras at the ground - don't bother with getting local hack commentators or anything like that. Hell, to be really cheap you could do away with cameramen and just permanently focus on the pitch from behind the bowler's arm.

I'm not sure that Sky would be the ones to do this though. Sounds more like what could be an NZC initiative - it wouldn't be a moneymaker but would be an investment in increasing interest in the game in the country.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    All well and good but surely if the presentation isn't up to much, people just won't watch.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Debutant
    Why would we want the Aussie domestic comps televised on NZ TV when the NZ domestic comps arent even televised?

As others have said, i'd much rather watch our own domestic comp on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    With digital tv, freeview etc increasing the number of available channels and bringing down costs I can't see any reason why a lot more domestic cricket could not be shown on tv in the future. All it needs is a couple of cameras at the ground - don't bother with getting local hack commentators or anything like that. Hell, to be really cheap you could do away with cameramen and just permanently focus on the pitch from behind the bowler's arm.
    Yes, producing live television is a breeze. An utter breeze.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentOne View Post
    watching the Aussie domestic cricket over here would be great, but I'd rather we got some damn coverage of our own FC and domestic 50 over games tbh. The 20/20 rubbish just isn't enough.
    Would also be great if Sky showed the England in SA series too. For what I fork out a month for the HD coverage I don't think it's asking too much.
    You and I are in the same boat over this. I want to see ENG vs SAF too. It is in HD on Sky Sports UK. Mr. Fellet told me that he will show events depending on what viewers want to watch. So if you want to see that series or other ones, do email him. He reads every email. That is the only way Sky will know that people want to see Cricket. I am tired of watching Golf in HD.

If we can get more Cricket viewers emailing Sky they will definitely add more Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo23 View Post
    Why would we want the Aussie domestic comps televised on NZ TV when the NZ domestic comps arent even televised?

As others have said, i'd much rather watch our own domestic comp on tv.
    Very parochial point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Didn't know NZ didn't even show their own domestic comp. Definitely email about that, at worst they should be showing a lot more NZ ODD matches.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiboy18 View Post
    You and I are in the same boat over this. I want to see ENG vs SAF too. It is in HD on Sky Sports UK. Mr. Fellet told me that he will show events depending on what viewers want to watch. So if you want to see that series or other ones, do email him. He reads every email. That is the only way Sky will know that people want to see Cricket. I am tired of watching Golf in HD.

If we can get more Cricket viewers emailing Sky they will definitely add more Cricket.
    To be fair, I'm sure we'll be getting coverage of the Australian home tests and ODIs against the West Indies and Pakistan, as well as our own international matches, so to get coverage of the South African home series at times would be an overload of cricket on the Sky Sport stations from my perspective anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Would be more beneficial to get more New Zealand domestic cricket televised before looking at Australian competitions IMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentOne View Post
    Televising the Australian stuff would be a lot easier for them though, because there's already coverage of it; they could just buy it. Sending entire teams of people out to cover more NZ games would be significantly harder to achieve.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Televising the Australian stuff would be a lot easier for them though, because there's already coverage of it; they could just buy it. Sending entire teams of people out to cover more NZ games would be significantly harder to achieve.
    Yeah but what sort of audience do you think they'd get?

The viewing audience would be less than Fox Sports gets here in Oz for the NZ Rugby Comp that has been showing recently.

Having said that, it wouldn't be bad if NZ get some KFC Big Bash matches.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 19-11-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    I am not sure that I would watch Aussie domestic cricket. would watch NZ domestic cricket religiously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information