Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What shoul SA do when their ENG exports come running back to SA?

Banned

What shoul SA do when their ENG exports come running back to SA?

I just realised the Kiswatter(spelling) may not have an opportunity after all to play for ENG one day. Using him as an example should SA welcome him back when he realises that Prior has many years left as wicketkeeper? He has alreasy epressed no intrest in playing for SA and I feel that may come back to haunt him.

What makes you assume they'd go back to SA anyway?

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jboss View Post
    I just realised the Kiswatter(spelling) may not have an opportunity after all to play for ENG one day. Using him as an example should SA welcome him back when he realises that Prior has many years left as wicketkeeper? He has alreasy epressed no intrest in playing for SA and I feel that may come back to haunt him.
    ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    ?
    You did not read. I asked when his decision comes back to haunt him. I bet he will not be able to play as wicket keeper for England as Prior is probably going to have the job for a while. I am sure he will regret the decision one day.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    You did not read. I asked when his decision comes back to haunt him. I bet he will not be able to play as wicket keeper for England as Prior is probably going to have the job for a while. I am sure he will regret the decision one day.
    It's a shame for South African cricket in the future if he's got no hope of playing for England and yet he'd be such a shoe-in for South Africa that he'd regret not playing there.

Anyway, he's got ties over here. He's got a British parent and he went to school here for some time, I don't see why he shouldn't choose to play for England if he wants to.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Anyone confident that Prior is going to be keeping wicket for England for a long time would do well to watch more than just last summer. He was acceptable then, which was a damn relief, but it was a good start and no more. Before then he'd been diabolical and it is far from inconceivable that he will be so again in future.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    He wasn't diabolical last winter
    Phil Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Jeez, there's a couple of South Africans of British descent/parentage playing for England, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    He wasn't diabolical last winter
    I can only presume you missed the Fourth Test (was officially the Fifth) in West Indies - well OK that wasn't the winter it was the spring, but it was the UK off-season, which is what is generally referred to in-whole. Prior's performance there was as bad as you're ever going to see from a Test wicketkeeper, and yes he'd been perfectly decent in the first 4 matches of the off-season but that's precisely the problem there's always been with him - he has 2-5 perfectly decent matches then 1 utter, rank shocker. It happened in 2007, it happened in 2007/08 and it happened in 2008/09. And the shocker is generally so bad that the 4-5 OK games can't excuse it. You cannot have a Test wicketkeeper who is so bad with such regularity, even if he's OK when he's not said so bad.
    Last edited by Richard; 18-11-2009 at 12:09 PM.

I expect he'll be treated in much the same way as Ryan McLaren. Ie if he's good enough, he'll get into the SA team.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I can only presume you missed the Fourth Test (was officially the Fifth) in West Indies - well OK that wasn't the winter it was the spring, but it was the UK off-season, which is what is generally referred to in-whole. Prior's performance there was as bad as you're ever going to see from a Test wicketkeeper, and yes he'd been perfectly decent in the first 4 matches of the off-season but that's precisely the problem there's always been with him - he has 2-5 perfectly decent matches then 1 utter, rank shocker. It happened in 2007, it happened in 2007/08 and it happened in 2008/09. And the shocker is generally so bad that the 4-5 OK games can't excuse it. You cannot have a Test wicketkeeper who is so bad with such regularity, even if he's OK when he's not said so bad.
    Yeah he was dreadful in the summer as well. All those dropped catches cost us the Ashes.

Not entirely sure why you needed to post that TBH as I'd already said as much in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Not entirely sure why you needed to post that TBH as I'd already said as much in my previous post.
    Because I hadn't read it TBH

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    I expect he'll be treated in much the same way as Ryan McLaren. Ie if he's good enough, he'll get into the SA team.
    Quite so. One of three ex-Kolpaks (Langeveldt & Harris the others) who currently paly for SA. The county championship is clearly a finishing school for South Africa.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Because I hadn't read it TBH

Read threads not posts, young man.

(And that normally applies in descending rather than ascending order too!)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information