Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 212 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

With the first touring match just three days away, I thought it was time to start discussion over a highly anticipated series. Their is plenty at stake for both sides in this series and form suggests it should be a very contestable series.

My knowledge of Pakistan cricket is limited so I will leave that for someone else. However, there still a number of vacant spots up for grabs in the blackcaps side and the touring match is a massive oppurtunity for players to either cement their spot for Dunedin or stake a claim. Tim Southee, Darryl Tuffey and Iain O Brien are effectively trialling for one spot in the pace attack whilst Tim McIntosh and Daniel Flynn will want solid scores to cement their places. Grant Elliott and James Franklin also appear to be in a triall for the all rounders position.

The team for the tour match is:

Grant Elliott – Captain
    Craig Cumming
    Tim McIntosh
    BJ Watling
    Daniel Flynn
    James Franklin
    Reece Young – Wicketkeeper
    Daryl Tuffey
    Tarun Nethula
    Tim Southee
    Iain O’Brien
    Brent Arnel
    Daniel Vettori is an absolute legend!

So technically this is a Pakistan 'home series', because nobody in their right mind is going to tour Pakistan anytime soon. So that being the case, that means the PCB has a say over how the pitch will play? Obviously you can't turn the pitch at Dunedin's University Oval into one similar to a pitch in Multan or Lahore, but you know what I mean.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    So technically this is a Pakistan 'home series', because nobody in their right mind is going to tour Pakistan anytime soon. So that being the case, that means the PCB has a say over how the pitch will play? Obviously you can't turn the pitch at Dunedin's University Oval into one similar to a pitch in Multan or Lahore, but you know what I mean.
    It doesn't seem like Pakistan will have too much control over the pitch preparation, as Yousaf is worried by early summer pitches. The question about PCB having a say in pitch preparation in neutral "home" series has never been answered properly. I really would like to know how much say they have in matters like this.

On a side note, how typical of a Pakistani batsman (and the current Captain no less) to be worried about bowler friendly pitches. Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that the strength of your team is the bowling so it should be advantage Pakistan. Instead, let's whine about getting roads so you can score your century.
    Last edited by Fusion; 15-11-2009 at 02:35 PM.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. Fleming View Post
    With the first touring match just three days away, I thought it was time to start discussion over a highly anticipated series. Their is plenty at stake for both sides in this series and form suggests it should be a very contestable series.

My knowledge of Pakistan cricket is limited so I will leave that for someone else. However, there still a number of vacant spots up for grabs in the blackcaps side and the touring match is a massive oppurtunity for players to either cement their spot for Dunedin or stake a claim. Tim Southee, Darryl Tuffey and Iain O Brien are effectively trialling for one spot in the pace attack whilst Tim McIntosh and Daniel Flynn will want solid scores to cement their places. Grant Elliott and James Franklin also appear to be in a triall for the all rounders position.

The team for the tour match is:

Grant Elliott – Captain
    Craig Cumming
    Tim McIntosh
    BJ Watling
    Daniel Flynn
    James Franklin
    Reece Young – Wicketkeeper
    Daryl Tuffey
    Tarun Nethula
    Tim Southee
    Iain O’Brien
    Brent Arnel
    Elliott captain-WAG.

McIntosh vs Cumming will be interesting.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Home Cumming goes well and gets another test gig. Would be his final chance I imagine but he deserves it, and he shouldn't have been dropped really in the first place.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Home Cumming goes well and gets another test gig. Would be his final chance I imagine but he deserves it, and he shouldn't have been dropped really in the first place.
    yea there has been the suggestion that because of Ryders absence, Guptill moves to three with Flynn and Taylor sliding down one, so that Tmac and Cumming can open. Im not a fan of the idea and would rather see everyone hold their current positions and a Sinclair or Watling slotting in at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    It doesn't seem like Pakistan will have too much control over the pitch preparation, as Yousaf is worried by early summer pitches. The question about PCB having a say in pitch preparation in neutral "home" series has never been answered properly. I really would like to know how much say they have in matters like this.

On a side note, how typical of a Pakistani batsman (and the current Captain no less) to be worried about bowler friendly pitches. Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that the strength of your team is the bowling so it should be advantage Pakistan. Instead, let's whine about getting roads so you can score your century.
    Yeah, if it is a green top your bowling line up will destory our batting line up.

Looking forward to Asif's return & how young Akmal goes. Hopefully Younis Khan also will be back for AUS tour.

Quote Originally Posted by S.P. Fleming View Post
    yea there has been the suggestion that because of Ryders absence, Guptill moves to three with Flynn and Taylor sliding down one, so that Tmac and Cumming can open. Im not a fan of the idea and would rather see everyone hold their current positions and a Sinclair or Watling slotting in at 5.
    Don't like it. Would prefer Elliott at 5 at Franklin at 6. Just choose 2 out of McIntosh, Cumming & Flynn and play them. Btw, interesting that Redmond wasn't included in that match, as his name has been thrown around a fair bit too.

Also, it would be really good to see confirmation on who exactly is available and who is not eg:

Ryder - confirmed injured for first test I believe... what about the rest?
    Bond - I saw and article on Stuff suggesting he might play, but Vettori had previously suggested he might not. And that's just the first test.
    Vettori - is clearly not 100% fit. I wonder how much of an effect that will have on his bowling.
    Franklin - seeing as he's playing in the warmup I guess he's ok. Butwith the bad back can he bowl?

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Not like he would play in this series but: Mills out for at least four monthsCricket - News - Yahoo!Xtra Sport

Black Caps bowler Kyle Mills will be out of cricket for a minimum of four months.

Mills will have surgery on his left shoulder and right knee in the next few weeks. The knee problem is a chronic injury and the operation on the shoulder allows time to address the issue.

The major goal for his return to fitness is World Twenty20 starting in April 2010.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson, MJ Santner and IS Sodhi, TL Seifert and ZN Gibson

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Don't like it. Would prefer Elliott at 5 at Franklin at 6. Just choose 2 out of McIntosh, Cumming & Flynn and play them. Btw, interesting that Redmond wasn't included in that match, as his name has been thrown around a fair bit too.
    Think Watling and Cumming could not only be playing for the opening spot but the number 3 position too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Yeah, if it is a green top your bowling line up will destory our batting line up.
    and in return Bond and co will eat us for breakfast looking forward to these 2 day test matches

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Reckon the pitches will be similar to that of the Indian tour, flat and grassless for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    and in return Bond and co will eat us for breakfast looking forward to these 2 day test matches
    Well, here is the scorecard for the first match of the season at Dunedin's Uni Oval where the first test will be held.

So ummm, bowl first then

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Flat pitches or no flat pitches, it will still be a collaspe comp.

Its why I want Ryder back pronto as well. He, Vettori and Taylor to an extent are the only guys you can have faith will do anything.

Page 1 of 212 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information