• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

AaronK

State Regular
Fawad Alam is actually gun IMO. I'm tipping him to score big in the second Test; I'm pretty sure he got picked up by Bond in both innings so that won't be a factor this time around.
yes.. but i highly doubt that he will play.. yousuf keep hinting that the batsmans were unexprience that is one of the cause of the lost.. so he will be replaced by Misbah who is a senior batsman and Farhat would be dropped for Butt..

i personally liked to see Malik dropped for Misbah.. but that is not going to happen.

i would like fawad to to replace farhat in the top order but Yousuf isn't aggrassive captain like younis who would take such a risk..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yes.. but i highly doubt that he will play.. yousuf keep hinting that the batsmans were unexprience that is one of the cause of the lost.. so he will be replaced by Misbah who is a senior batsman and Farhat would be dropped for Butt..

i personally liked to see Malik dropped for Misbah.. but that is not going to happen.

i would like fawad to to replace farhat in the top order but Yousuf isn't aggrassive captain like younis who would take such a risk..
Fawad getting dropped at this juncture would be ridiculous given what he's done so far in his Test career and his First Class record. I don't see how inexperience can be blamed when the 19-year-old debutant top scored in both innings; it's just an excuse for ineptitude. If anyone should get the axe for Misbah it should be one of the openers with Fawad opening.

AaronK

State Regular
Fawad getting dropped at this juncture would be ridiculous given what he's done so far in his Test career and his First Class record. I don't see how inexperience can be blamed when the 19-year-old debutant top scored in both innings; it's just an excuse for ineptitude. If anyone should get the axe for Misbah it should be one of the openers with Fawad opening.
I complately agree with u and trust me i want Fawad to play.. but I just don't see that happening.. I personally want to see Malik dropped for Misbah..

last time i remember malik scoring any runs was in dump flat tracks during the first test In pakistan and 3rd test in Sri Lanka.. both of those test matches were an insult to the existance of test cricket..

I think yousuf is basing his arguement from second innings collaps where all three unexprience top order batsmans failed badly.. again i don't agree with him and his approach..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah same here, not a fan of Malik in Test matches.

I actually want Yasir Hameed to come back, he always makes a run every time he bats.

AaronK

State Regular
^ he has problem playing Spin..

i remember watching him bat during Pak India series back in 07.. he got out almost in every innings by Anil Kumble after geting a decent start... he scored 30s and 40s but didn't get any 50s.. and everytime Kumble bowled to him.. he dropped his bat..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
^ he has problem playing Spin..

i remember watching him bat during Pak India series back in 07.. he got out almost in every innings by Anil Kumble after geting a decent start... he scored 30s and 40s but didn't get any 50s.. and everytime Kumble bowled to him.. he dropped his bat..
Now that Kumble has retired, it's a good time to bring him back!

AaronK

State Regular
umm ya.. although, Dan would be a bit of a threat..

against Aus.. it depends how Hauritz will go against West Indies..he was impressive during the first test..

AaronK

State Regular
^ i said he has problems facing a decent spin attack... he said he might not have such a problem agaisnt NZ and Aus.. i said umm maybe but Dan could be a danger man sometimes..

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
^ i said he has problems facing a decent spin attack... he said he might not have such a problem agaisnt NZ and Aus.. i said umm maybe but Dan could be a danger man sometimes..
And I was saying that Vettori doesn't spin the ball. :cool:

Xuhaib

International Coach
just saw Cheif selector Iqbal Qasim interview he thought Faisal shoould come in for Fawad and Misbah for Umer Akmal.:wacko: