• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rashid Latif finally admits it...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Bevan wasn't given out was he? Saw the youtube link and he seemed to hit a square cut 4 after the catch. Are the highlights random clips from the match in no particular order?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bevan wasn't given out was he? Saw the youtube link and he seemed to hit a square cut 4 after the catch. Are the highlights random clips from the match in no particular order?
He wasn't given out, but only because he stood his ground after Harper claimed the catch. He was pretty much the only one on the ground who could see it go down and he just stood there shaking his head until they referred it and showed that Harper had grassed it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just so we're clear, would you be able to post a link to this infamous claimed catch of Clarke's? I'm pretty certain I know which one you're referring to, but I'm continually confused as to why some people are SO up-in-arms about it, so am wondering whether I've missed something...
One? Clarke has a bit of a reputation TBH. It's not just one catch. I said this before, but he genuinely wants to bring in the one bounce rule to Test cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just off the top of my head, the two that come to mind are the NZ one, the one he claimed off Ganguly. I remember making a list of five or six catches, all, shall we say, dubious that Clarke claimed (should be in my post history, I'll check).

Johnners

Just off the top of my head, the two that come to mind are the NZ one, the one he claimed off Ganguly. I remember making a list of five or six catches, all, shall we say, dubious that Clarke claimed (should be in my post history, I'll check).
Would love to see this list

Matt79

Global Moderator
One? Clarke has a bit of a reputation TBH. It's not just one catch. I said this before, but he genuinely wants to bring in the one bounce rule to Test cricket.
Well at least he's consistent. :p

Johnners

Would love to know when the 3rd-6th catches were. Can honestly only think of 1 vs NZ and 1 vs India.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can't possible compare that to Latif, Clarke (vs. NZ), Ganguly or Bell's.

Wasn't out though, umpire should have called replay.
No. I don't think there's any instance of cheating anywhere near as bad as Latif's in particular.

You can compare it to Clarke vs. India though, and that gave half the country a brain haemorrhage. Personally I'm inclined to give both players the benefit of the doubt because I (like vic) think that sometimes you genuinely think you've caught something you haven't. It's just worth pointing out how little uproar there is over the Tendulkar incident in comparison with the very similar Clarke incident.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
No. I don't think there's any instance of cheating anywhere near as bad as Latif's in particular.

You can compare it to Clarke vs. India though, and that gave half the country a brain haemorrhage. Personally I'm inclined to give both players the benefit of the doubt because I (like vic) think that sometimes you genuinely think you've caught something you haven't. It's just worth pointing out how little uproar there is over the Tendulkar incident in comparison with the very similar Clarke incident.
I think the uproar was more because of what had happened during the whole game rather than the single incident. It was a feeling of everybody is against us that was the reason for the uproar.

I agree that benefit of the doubt should be given to both Clarke and Tendulkar, but under those circumstances it was pretty irritating to see Clarke's word being taken when on the previous day he hadn't walked after edging to slip.