• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* England u-19 v South Africa u-19

Craig

World Traveller
Well nobody has created a thread and I will be a monkey's uncle if somebody has.

Well this is important and we can see who is the future of SOuth African and English cricket.

My sources tell me that Bial Shafayat who plays for Nottinghamshire has a lot of potential about him.

Currantly South Africa u-19 has won the toss and is fielding with England u-19 24/0

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Forgive my indifference, but success in this Series will mean nothing. The Test will come when they play Test Cricket.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Definitely still ongoing.

The two English youngsters I'd be watching are Plunkett and Bresnan - very good prospects in the bowling department.

England 327 (Patel 61, Sayers 60, Plunkett 48, Hantam 5-86)
SA 288-8 (le Roux 74*, Khan 61, Smit 51, Bresnan 3-73)

after 2 days at Headingley

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well one of the few players in the England side I'm not as yet familiar with, Patel, scored a 50 in each innings.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samit Patel, Nottinghamshire top order batsman and occasional (well, more than occasional as England U19 don't seem to have many other competent spin options when the pitch starts to do something) left-arm spinner.

Excellent player with bags of potential - won the 2000 Sunbank (?) U15 Cricketer of the Year award. Keep an eye on him!

Agree with Eddie, Bresnan and Plunkett are two to watch.

Craig

World Traveller
Well from the second Test from Worcester:

First innings:

England u-19s - 523

South Africa u-19s first innings 262 & 3-166 following on.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I lied then I have heard of Samit Patel, just didn't know which Patel it was and couldn't think of one off the top of my head so....

Shafayat is a very highly rated young player. Averages 36 so far in FC cricket, yet he's just 19.

chris.hinton

International Captain
In the under 19s was a leg spinner called Mark Lawson

in the last test he got

26-7-91-2

marc you will say it poor bowling

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chris.hinton said:
In the under 19s was a leg spinner called Mark Lawson

in the last test he got

26-7-91-2

marc you will say it poor bowling
You consider it good bowling figures? Unless you actually saw him bowl, you would have to assume it was a rather mediocre effort.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You consider it good bowling figures? Unless you actually saw him bowl, you would have to assume it was a rather mediocre effort.
Rubbish! he took 2 wickets and they where top 5 batsman

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In the context of South Africa's 646/9 and their last wicket stand of 123, it doesn't look so bad but still 2/91 is not good.

Besides, James (?) Hildreth's 118* was the only real decent effort for us in an innings and 150+ defeat.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
In the context of South Africa's 646/9 and their last wicket stand of 123, it doesn't look so bad but still 2/91 is not good.

Besides, James (?) Hildreth's 118* was the only real decent effort for us in an innings and 150+ defeat.
2/91 is decent you would take it?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chris.hinton said:
2/91 is decent you would take it?
I'd take any 2-fer as it would be more wickets than I've taken for over three years, but I don't really think comparing International players to players whose sole function is making up the numbers really proves anything...