Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Treachery of Jonathan Trott

The Treachery of Jonathan Trott

"It was a sad day for English cricket......" so says Michael Vaughan in his autobiography "Time To Declare" LINK

Is it possible for a player at this level of the game to play with divided loyalties ?

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Is it possible for Michael Vaughan to be more annoying?

So many players put me off them just after their careers with their books.

Edit: Patting an opposition player on the back and saying well done is hardly 'celebrating'
    Last edited by four_or_six; 08-11-2009 at 01:36 AM.

I'd take this with a big pinch of salt. MV needs to sell his books. Trott was greeting and congratulating an old mate of his whom he hadn't seen for a long time and who was leaving the tour after the Tests. Players on each team know each other, greet each other, congratulate each other etc. I see no problem with that. After a Test series you expect the teams to get hammered in one team's dressing room together.

We'll see how divided trott's loyalities are during the Test series. I expect him
    to give a wholehearted effort in the England cause. After his showing on debut I don't doubt his ticker.

Never heard of him.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Who is this Michael Vaughan guy?

Hall of Fame Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Based on my experience of human nature the more South African that Trott considers himself the more motivated he will be when he plays against them

U19 Cricketer
    Wasn't KP partying with chris gayle and his buddies after the WI bowled out Eng for 51 ?

lol ...

Hall of Fame Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Never heard of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Who is this Michael Vaughan guy?
    He's the one who always gets forgotten when people try and name the Magnificent Seven

It could just be Mick doesn't much care for Trott's brand of aftershave. I haven't seen any examples of it on the pitch or in interviews, but there have been a few subtle suggestions in the cricket meedja that Trott has a bit of a "singular" personality. In fact, given his form over the past two seasons, I'd kind of assumed this was at least part of the reason he wasn't called up until our Ashes hopes were circling the drain.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Rory Burns wafted and whooshed, hit a few, edged a few more and batted at times with all the graceful serenity of a man trying to force his way head-first through a privet hedge." - Barney Ronay on the Surrey opener's maiden test ton

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Moreso in ODIs. With some of the absolute bollocks that's passed for batting in England's ODI side over the past couple of years their continued ignorance of someone so obviously good at the format and with the figures to back it up seemed as though it had to have something behind it.

Word on the street is, he doesn't see eye-to-eye with KP.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Moreso in ODIs. With some of the absolute bollocks that's passed for batting in England's ODI side over the past couple of years their continued ignorance of someone so obviously good at the format and with the figures to back it up seemed as though it had to have something behind it.

Word on the street is, he doesn't see eye-to-eye with KP.
    Surely that is in his favour in terms of judging his personality?

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Come what may, the fact that he'd never played more than a couple of useless Twenty20 Internationals until 2009 shows clearly that someone has(\had?) some sort of alterior motive about him - whether that be Vaughan or KP, and whether that be the fault of Vaughan\KP or Trott. It is not possible to completely ignore someone with such a strong purely-on-field-based-case without some sort of off-field-based reason. Well, unless you're a plain idiotic bunch of selectors, which England's however bad aren't, quite.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Vaughan is one to talk...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Both Vaughan and Flintoff have come across as self important ****s recently, IMO... All their opinions seem to be totally self centered and smacks of "I m bigger than England", really...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

U19 12th Man
    What is treacherous is the lady forgetting that many South Africans had forefathers who were English. It is fine to mock his decision to play for England from a simplistic point of view and a journalistic standpoint but hardly the wrong decision when his career is on the line and his pride is being mocked. Silly article, typical nonsense which should focus more on Kolpak's rather than players who have a genuine pathway to playing for their country. Ridiculous. Cricket is stuck in a rut while other sports embrace players from different nationalities, cricket takes this view that players are somehow misguided in choosing to play cricket for their country.
    Viv Richards-One Day Cricket is like Fast Food no one wants to cook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information