cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I donít like what I see in the mirror

Cricket Spectator

I donít like what I see in the mirror

Administrator,

Please remove this post.

I got it out of my system. My bad, to have put negative words out there on this forum. I don't want impact anyone else's life with my negative words.
    Last edited by simpleperson; 05-11-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Listen to your wife, It is still a game.

As for Tendulkar's innings, all I can say is :-

"Girte haiN Shahsawaar hi Maidan- e- jung mein,
    Woh Tilf kya Girenge jo Ghutno ke bal chale HaiN"

Banned
    A brilliant piece of literature indeed that was sir. Thank you very much. Indeed it was disappointing to see Tendulkar out in that fashion but why do we expect him to do everything? He scored more than 50% of runs India scored today in less than equivalent percentage of deliveries. If 10 other batsmen cannot score 175 runs when one batsman alone makes that uch then it is their shame the team's shame and not Tendulkar's. I am angry and sad as well. But after all it is just a match. And it is only an ODI. I don't think ODIs really are to be taken this seriously unless they are World Cup ODIs. However I must add had it been a test match, I too would have been in despair.

No you got it all wrong. Sachin makes Indians happy. Be happy.

Cricket Spectator
    Don't you see. I am a coward and I am not dying. But I felt really miserable after match and poured it out. I should have known that every negative word would spread negativity around.

It's me that I don't like. That I worked hard all my life to build these strengths and achieved everything that I wanted to. And yet I know I have that loser's suicidal trait that is so "Indian" for my generation. And in today's game Sachin showed it to me in all its ugliness, he showed me the mirror. And I don't like what I see about myself. I don't want to live this way. But I know I can not change it in my lifetime, my generation and it makes me frustrated.

Australians are the best and they don't think these loser thoughts, they don't have these traits. India will get there too, but I can't bear the pain of evolving.

Sorry to depress you all, feels slightly better to have put these thoughts in to words. TO have got it out of my system, my shame for others to see.

Cricket Spectator
    It hurts real bad. I am going to sleep now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleperson View Post
    Don't you see. I am a coward and I am not dying. But I felt really miserable after match and poured it out. I should have known that every negative word would spread negativity around.

It's me that I don't like. That I worked hard all my life to build these strengths and achieved everything that I wanted to. And yet I know I have that loser's suicidal trait that is so "Indian" for my generation. And in today's game Sachin showed it to me in all its ugliness, he showed me the mirror. And I don't like what I see about myself. I don't want to live this way. But I know I can not change it in my lifetime, my generation and it makes me frustrated.

Australians are the best and they don't think these loser thoughts, they don't have these traits. India will get there too, but I can't bear the pain of evolving.

Sorry to depress you all, feels slightly better to have put these thoughts in to words. TO have got it out of my system, my shame for others to see.
    Whenever you feel bad, just check up a few scorecards :
    6th Match: Australia v India at Sharjah, Apr 22, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - Sharjah Cup SF
    3rd QF: Australia v India at Dhaka, Oct 28, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - 98 champions trophy QF
    3rd ODI: India v Australia at Indore, Mar 31, 2001 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - 2001 series 3rd ODI
    Final: Australia v India at Sharjah, Apr 24, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - Sharjah Cup Final
    1st Final: Australia v India at Sydney, Mar 2, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - CB Series Final 1
    2nd Final: Australia v India at Brisbane, Mar 4, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - CB Series Final 2

He's been there done that. It is just that he had a small failure in an inconsequential match. Get somesleep dear friend.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Sheesh, pull yourself together. It's just a game. You win some, you lose some.

Cricketer Of The Year
    I donít like what I see in the mirror
    If that pointless load of old cobblers is anything to go by I doubt that the mirror's too thrilled either.

I wish to die rather than see this loser of a trait in myself. To know that I can beat anyone and yet I chose myself to lose. I hope I can kill myself and be born here, in my India again, but after 100 yearsÖ when Sachin is no more. But only his legend remains. Only tales of his greatness remains, told down the generations by those who lived on. And with that legend, every child born in that generation will hopefully have filtered out that negative trait and learned to only win like Sachin. Win the battles with oneself, with oneís mind, just like Sachin. With the thinking, thought process and traits evolving, I am sure by that time India would have learned to win, without any apology. They would have lost the suicidal trait. Yes, I would love to just die today. I have achieved and accomplished whatever I have to. If only I could be born 100 years down the line with that feeling of winning only. No trace of that suicidal trait.

I donít like what I see in the mirror. I hate it. I hate myself. I hate you Sachin for giving me this suicidal trait. It is there and I know it. It just wonít go away! Why did you do it, Sachin? Why did you get out in that fashion? Why did we lose the match again? I am sure that the coward that I am, the loser that I am, I will not be able to even die. You are looking at a broken down soul with all its ugliness. Yes, it has the power to rise and again astound you and amaze you. But you simply have to know, just like Ponting, to go along with your motions and I will kill myself. Aah, if only I could be born again a winner. Simply a winner.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

why compare yourself to others, gee you set yourself goals and achieved them ie chatterd accountant etc. hold your head up bro.

International Regular

Overraction much? Taking it too seriously much? Settle down brah, "OMFG I HATE MYSELF I WANT TO DIE BECAUSE MY TEAM LOST A GAME OMG OMG OMG!!!!!" isn't the way to go about it.

Cricket Spectator
    India has given me such highs and the happiness has been immense. But the lows, troughs are more painful then ever. Especially, when Sachin gives them.

It hurt real bad. I slept the night through. I didn't forget it in the morning. But feeling a bit better.

Cricket Spectator
    "If that pointless load of old cobblers is anything to go by I doubt that the mirror's too thrilled either. "

LOL. I agree completely about that one.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Frakstar's Avatar
    cool story Hansel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information