• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Shri

Mr. Glass
Highest run chase this at the Eden Gardens. Gambhir gets 150* - his highest ODI score and his second 150. Both against SL. MoTM for sure. Kohli looked great too.

ret

International Debutant
WoW what a day for GG, 150* (even Karthik couldn't stop him :p *joke* ), 3000 ODI runs and Gautiesque Dab coined after him :laugh:

Kohli got his maiden ODI 100 in style!

And another series win!!!!!

mirchy

Cricket Spectator
Is it just me or is Lakmal's action getting dodgier and dodgier by the ball?
No, it isn't just you. I had the same feeling. Moreover, he bowls around 130 and is constantly in the face of the batsmen like he bowls around 150. He generates the impression of a spaghetti Tarzan.

Xuhaib

International Coach
That is pretty good. Good one by Kohli. This guy has some talent and should be fighting for a test place soon. Reading about Ishant's spell is really painful. How much can the poor guy take?
Yeah he and Umer Akmal are the two I realy like among the current crop of young bats.

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
I'll always be a Kaif fan. May be the only one left :cry:
Yea me too... Doesn't look like he'll get another chance.. shame really... always thought he'd be a solid cricketer.. nothing spectacular but will grind out good innings.
Too many batsman ahead of him now.

Awesome effort by India to win with all those big names out.... Always knew Virat Kohli is a special talent..... hope he continues to develop as a batsman.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Manish Pandey should be next in line for an ODI spot imo. Scores at a good pace with shots mostly along the ground without much risk. He should get into the ODI and T20 sides next maybe if Raina fails repeatedly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yea me too... Doesn't look like he'll get another chance.. shame really... always thought he'd be a solid cricketer.. nothing spectacular but will grind out good innings.
Too many batsman ahead of him now.

Awesome effort by India to win with all those big names out.... Always knew Virat Kohli is a special talent..... hope he continues to develop as a batsman.
He still has technique issues to sort out but the guy is a class act.. So if he keeps improving, it will be awesome for Indian cricket..

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Tendulkar not playing the Bangladesh ODI series. Good decision can rest himself for tougher stuff. Future does look exciting though with so many talents around. Wish the bowling picks itself up though.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Speaking about the Sri Lankan team..They need some one to strengthen the middle order. Kapu and Kandambi haven't really done much. Tharanga was impressive, Dilshan is proving to be a brilliant batsman. Mathews is a decent player and does strengthen their team.

Welegedara was the find of the series and is a bright prospect indeed. Kulasekara doesn't deserve to be in the team. He just serves half volleys for every one to hit. Lakmal ws impressive with the bounce and the offspinner seems to be a better option than Mendis at the moment.

Malinga seems out of touch. When their premier fast bowlers return they should eb a pretty good team.