• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I need to blow the whistle here- we're being too harsh on the Indian pace bowlers. They have a very tough job at hand, bowling on flat decks, with fields spread out, and a slightly shaky fielding support. Yet they're trying hard, doing their bit for the team, and have something to show. On the contrary, India's part-time bowling fillers are so dire, it makes things so much more difficult for the seamers and the lone spinner, that they have to bowl out of their skins to save the team, which in turn have to save these part-timers. When the batsmen are going strong, the frontline bowlers have to face the fire. When there are two new batsmen in the middle, part-timers operate from one end or both, and that helps the batsmen ease in. There's a conscious effort to save the part-timers from the kind of things the main bowlers fear. Each time the team or bowling fails, the main bowlers cop a lot of stick, but the further mediocre part-timers get away with it. This issue needs a rethink.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
From filthy to fabulous | Page 2 | Cricinfo.com

So I'd look up. And Sehwag would be on 15 off 0.27 balls. And then I'd go back to work. And then look up. And Sehwag would have just scored three sixes off one single ball by Welegedara while Welegedara was still running up to bowl above-mentioned ball. And then I'd go back to work. And look up again. And, astonishingly enough, the stock market is up 37 points.

Because some idiot changed the channel.

"Saala Paandu Kapil Dev!" Kapadia would scream in the office, using a word I have skilfully masked with a rhyming alternative.
:laugh:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni scores yet another century. How things change. It looked batsman-friendly long before the match, then a dicey place with a 250-260 benchmark when the Indians played the first ten overs, then eased out and is easy to bat on now, with the Indians scoring 300.

The last ten overs have yielded a century. Dhoni and Raina played a very smart partnership, with lots of singles. Randiv is denied a good LB shout on Jadeja, but gets a gift wicket as Bhajji's big shot attempt fails and he's stumped. Good show by the middle order.

Last edited:

ret

International Debutant
Ind finish at 301 .... Appears like a par score, so now it's up to bowling and fielding to do the job

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Lankans gave Dhoni one chance too many, spilling a few catches. Let's just hope the Indians don't emulate that when they field. Their experienced seamers can, however, emulate their Lankan counterparts early on.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ravi Shastri said in the innings break just now that there was not much dew on the field. Pitch has something in it for both the spin and pace bowlers plus batsmen. Not going to be as easy to score runs here compared to the last game.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I need to blow the whistle here- we're being too harsh on the Indian pace bowlers. They have a very tough job at hand, bowling on flat decks, with fields spread out, and a slightly shaky fielding support. Yet they're trying hard, doing their bit for the team, and have something to show. On the contrary, India's part-time bowling fillers are so dire, it makes things so much more difficult for the seamers and the lone spinner, that they have to bowl out of their skins to save the team, which in turn have to save these part-timers. When the batsmen are going strong, the frontline bowlers have to face the fire. When there are two new batsmen in the middle, part-timers operate from one end or both, and that helps the batsmen ease in. There's a conscious effort to save the part-timers from the kind of things the main bowlers fear. Each time the team or bowling fails, the main bowlers cop a lot of stick, but the further mediocre part-timers get away with it. This issue needs a rethink.
Much of what you say is true BUT India's pace bowlers are very average

Nehra is not international class and aside from the odd performance, never has been

Khan is style over substance as is Sreesanth

The only guy who potentially has real quality is Ishant and he is currently bowling rubbish

Fortunately for the team, games in India are a bat-a-thon and other sides arent much better off

Shri

Mr. Glass
Much of what you say is true BUT India's pace bowlers are very average

Nehra is not international class and aside from the odd performance, never has been

Khan is style over substance as is Sreesanth

The only guy who potentially has real quality is Ishant and he is currently bowling rubbish

Fortunately for the team, games in India are a bat-a-thon and other sides arent much better off
:wub:+

Finally someone agrees.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Are you referring to ODI or Tests? Don't care about ODI, and I'm sure you're right.

In Tests, I do rate Zaheer. He has been a very standout bowler and not a little of India's resurgence overseas is owed to him (and Ishant, Sreesanth and a couple other supporting acts). Worcestershire for the win - BCCI need to sign a contract with them to send them a fast bowler every year.

social

Are you referring to ODI or Tests? Don't care about ODI, and I'm sure you're right.

In Tests, I do rate Zaheer. He has been a very standout bowler and not a little of India's resurgence overseas is owed to him (and Ishant, Sreesanth and a couple other supporting acts). Worcestershire for the win - BCCI need to sign a contract with them to send them a fast bowler every year.
Every type and especially given the conditions

Today's bowlers are incredibly lucky that most of the top batsmen of the 00s have either retired or are coming to the end of their careers as it would be carnage the world over

As I said earlier, I cannot remember a timewhen the world's bowling stocks were at a lower ebb

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, we are speaking comparatively of course. Fact is, India win overseas when they didn't before. Obivously the batting is the major strength, but what has changed is the bowling. No one are world beaters, but I do think the pace attack in Tests can be called 'international class'. They won't blow sides out like Ambrose or Marshall, but they won't lie down and simply eliminate any chances for India to win like what has happened throughout Indian Test history.

social

Well, we are speaking comparatively of course. Fact is, India win overseas when they didn't before. Obivously the batting is the major strength, but what has changed is the bowling. No one are world beaters, but I do think the pace attack in Tests can be called 'international class'. They won't blow sides out like Ambrose or Marshall, but they won't lie down and simply eliminate any chances for India to win like what has happened throughout Indian Test history.
Let's get serious - India have beaten NZ and Eng away who both fielded second string pace attacks

It's an improvement but also an indictment on how bad the opposition bowlers have been