Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Sri Lanka in India

ret
    What a massacre at Mumbai!! Sehwag 284 not out on a pitch that is suppose to assist bowlers too .... Ind 443/1 in 79 overs, RR 5.6 per over, Enough said!

I haven't heard of a performance like this in a long time ----> Sehwag
    Fastest gun in town

What an awesome innings by Sehwag! I don't care if his massive scores have come on flat tracks, at home, or against suspect bowling (all of which are highly dubious criticisms IMO), it still takes great skill to do what he has done.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Just got back after watching the last couple of sessions live at Brabourne earlier today and as you can imagine it was a great experience. Roaring "Veeru, Veeru"with the crowd when Sehwag got his double hundred is one of the highlights of my life as a cricket fan.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    What an awesome innings by Sehwag! I don't care if his massive scores have come on flat tracks, at home, or against suspect bowling (all of which are highly dubious criticisms IMO), it still takes great skill to do what he has done.
    Yes, great point. People who constantly hit the flat-track button against the likes of Sehwag et al forget that it's actually still very hard to score 100+ against these attacks, anywhere. Nevermind triple centuries.
    ★★★★★

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    More importantly, when should India declare, assuming they aren't bowled out early? Until after tea tomorrow with a lead of about 350 (gives them a sniff and maybe they'll be more likely to go for it)? Or bat all day and if possible, until lunch on the 4th day and set them 500+?

India haven't been #1 Test side in the world since 1973, so it's a big deal, even if it's just via rankings.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    More importantly, when should India declare, assuming they aren't bowled out early? Until after tea tomorrow with a lead of about 350 (gives them a sniff and maybe they'll be more likely to go for it)? Or bat all day and if possible, until lunch on the 4th day and set them 500+?

India haven't been #1 Test side in the world since 1973, so it's a big deal, even if it's just via rankings.
    Hmm I'd probably declare just before stumps. The word seems to be that the pitch will stay excellent for batting tomorrow and for part of Day 4 before deteriorating rapidly on the last two days. Assuming that is indeed the case, you don't want to hand Sri Lanka good batting conditions for no good reason and even potentially risk getting rolled for a stupidly low score in the fourth innings on a spitting pitch. Now I know that's extremely unlikely, but there's no real reason to not bat on at all (unless the weather forecast is questionable, I suppose). Even if Sri Lanka do bat that time out they'll pass what India would've set them by declaring earlier anyway; there's really nothing to lose by batting on for a while, particularly if Sehwag stays in for a session.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 03-12-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

ret
    I agree with the above statement, Ind should look to bat for the most part tomorrow. If they do that they would have tons of runs anyways .... probably declare a little before the close to see if they can pick up a couple of quick wkts

Sachin to ton up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Sachin to ton up.
    sachin has usually not performed well in Sehwag shows except Multan. So I dont expect him to ton up. Actually I would like to see Yuvraj and Dhoni being promoted up the order to keep the momentum going once one of these guys get dismissed.

Tendulkar isn't getting many chances to bat and I think he would be desperate to make runs here. Would be a very determined Tendulkar and I would not change his order at all.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Sehwag go for a 400. What an innings by him. Totally ruthless. Champ.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    Sehwag go for a 400. What an innings by him. Totally ruthless. Champ.
    Barry Richards still kicks his ass with a score of 300+ in a single day + a century before luch 16 times in his career in an erra where bowling was not restricted and bats were very much smaller. :P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Tendulkar isn't getting many chances to bat and I think he would be desperate to make runs here. Would be a very determined Tendulkar and I would not change his order at all.
    I would place team's chance of getting to a 350 run lead quickly over another 100 for Tendulkar.

Quote Originally Posted by jboss View Post
    Barry Richards still kicks his ass with a score of 300+ in a single day + a century before luch 16 times in his career in an erra where bowling was not restricted and bats were very much smaller. :P
    Yeah, thats a valid comparison because Sehwag has batted for an entire day today, and against an FC attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    I would place team's chance of getting to a 350 run lead quickly over another 100 for Tendulkar.
    What's the need to hurry. We have a lead of 50 already. There is a lot of time left in this test match.

Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread Information